This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Let’s talk about beauty for a minute. With TikTok constantly spewing out new beauty products and making them almost impossible to find in stores, it seems like not much has been discovered in the drugstores. I mean seriously, why is everything sold out? Just last week, I was trying to restock the Milani Fruit Fetish Lip Oils, and here we are two weeks later and I still can’t find them. Thanks TikTok. Regardless, for all of those who live for the hidden gems at an affordable price, this week’s article is for you!

No7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Finishing Powder

charlotte powder?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Sephora

While there has been some talk of this powder, there hasn’t been nearly enough considering how phenomenal it is. This softly milled, airy powder leaves a skin-like appearance and is known to be a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s best seller: the Airbrush Flawless Finishing Pressed Powder. Seeing as though I own both, I find myself reaching for the No7 one much more frequently, and it’s not necessarily because it’s significantly less expensive and I don’t feel guilty for using it, but I think it actually performs better. For those on the oilier side, the No7 seems to stay in tack slightly longer than Charlotte’s and leaves a much more natural finish. It truly is a stellar product!

Elf wow brow gel

Wow brow
Walmart

When it comes to brows, I feel like everyone has their own routine downpack. However, this is one of those products I have continuously stocked up on time and time again. The gel comes in four flexible shades and has fibers in the formula, which help mimic the natural hairs on our eyebrows. I’ve gone to the gym, the beach, and just daily strides around campus with this brown gel and I have never experienced any sort of complications. And the best part is, it only retails for $5!

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener

Oftentimes, people have told me about their struggles to maintain healthy, strong nails and ask what they can do to try and help. My best piece of advice is always to first be conscious of your diet, but also this product! This product is formulated with nutrients designed to help nails grow faster, stronger, and healthier. I can safely say that this was true for me and many other of my friends who I’ve put onto this product. They have a pink tint version just in case you don’t like clear, but both are amazing!

Fine’ry Fragrances

I don’t know about y’all, but I feel like it’s really hard to find quality fragrances at the drugstore where the scent actually lasts for a bit. However, during one of my random target runs, I stumbled across this line of fragrance. The fragrance notes range from musky sandalwood, to vibrant cherries and even a comforting vanilla. There’s even one that is supposedly a dupe for Le Labo’s best seller: Santal 33… but I’ll let you go in-store to figure that one out for yourself! Pro tip for all the fragrance lovers out there, applying an unscented lotion with similar base notes, helps to make any fragrance last longer on the body.

These are just a few of the hidden gems I’ve discovered and loved at the drugstore. Let me know which one you’ll be trying out next or if you have any of your own. Until next time, stay uniquely you!

Mierra Freeman

Illinois '26

Hiya! My name is Mierra Freeman, and I am currently a sophomore studying sociology, while on the Pre-Law track. Although I want to pursue Criminal law as my career path, I have always had a passion and special place in my heart for all things beauty, self care, skincare, positivity, and fashion! I hope that together we are able to embark on this wonderful journey in the world of beauty and positivity. Never forget to stay uniquely you!!💗