Her Campus Illinois and Teen Vogue Host: Back To School Saturday #BTSS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Hello Her Campus Illinois readers!  School is back in session at the University of Illinois, and with the back-to-school season comes excitement, fun and freebies from our chapter of Her Campus.

That’s right! On Thursday, September 12th, the Illinois chapter of Her Campus will be hosting the “Teen Vogue’s” Back To School Saturday! The event will begin at 2:30 p.m. at the corner of Wright and Green by the Alma Mater.

There’s plenty in store for this event, and you absolutely won’t want to miss it! The only items guests are required to bring are their camera phones and themselves. That sounds easy enough, right?

“Teen Vogue” began the Back To School Shopping Saturday holiday on September 11, 2012 with the intention of inspiring girls across the country to shop ‘till they drop.  The turnout? 100,000 Teen Vogue readers. 

Now, “Teen Vogue” is reaching out to campuses to spread the word, and this year, the University of Illinois chapter of Her Campus is among them. 

So what exactly happens at the event?

Well, the Her Campus team will have all kinds of giveaways, including makeup, clothes, and discounts. Some of the brands included are Gillette Venus, Paul Frank, LeSportsac, Maybelline and many others.   

That sounds amazing, but what’s the catch? The only requirement is that each person takes a picture of themselves holding their giveaway item and posts it on Instagram or Twitter with a special hashtag based on the item that you have chosen.  This posting must be public for a month.   

Of course, there will be a product for everyone’s taste, as Herbal Essences, Hurley, St. Tropez, Murad, Burlington Coat Factory and more are among the many advertisers to have products present at this event.

Now if this isn’t enough, there is still more in store for attendees.  Her Campus Illinois will have a giveaway for a spot in “Teen Vogue’s” Fashion U.  Of course, there can only be one winner across all 50 included campuses, and this winner will be the one person with the best social media brought on by this program. Attend the event and post, post post to ensure someone from our campus wins!

Without our readers, this event wouldn’t be possible, so we need your help spreading the word.  Throughout the week, feel free to post about the event on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag: #BTSS. It just might get you that spot at “Teen Vogue’s” Fashion U!

If you have any questions, contact the president of Her Campus Illinois, Allie Gold, at alliegold@hercampus.com.   

On behalf of the members of Her Campus Illinois, we are thrilled to be a part of this major giveaway and would love to see as many of your beautiful faces there as possible!

HCxo!