legally blonde icky valentines day?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
legally blonde icky valentines day?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MGM
Life > Experiences

Galentine’s Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

No valentine? No worries!

In all seriousness, if you’re single this year, don’t stress. It’s meant to be that way; you’ll be in a relationship in due time! Enjoy the fact that you don’t have to stress this year for your Valentine. Be your own Valentine. Even if you are in a relationship, spend a Galentine’s night for yourself or with your close friends!

Galentine’s Day may have been started in the sit-com Parks & Recreation, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it in your own way. Galentine’s Day is usually the day before Valentine’s Day, so as to not interfere with those who do have a special someone, but feel free to do your Galentine’s Day on Valentine’s Day!

Not sure where to start? I’ll help.

How about some self-care? What better way to show self-love than through self-care?! Do face masks, watch a comfort show or movie, eat some delicious snacks and indulge in some chocolate! You can do it alone or with friends. If you’re with friends, make it all cute and special! Make some snacks with them. I recommend some chocolate-covered strawberries. How about a mix of popcorn, pretzels and M&M’s all combined with melted white chocolate? Maybe even some fudge? Cute cupcakes? OMG decorate cookies or cupcakes! Sounds amazing!

The festive flavors are generally strawberry, raspberry, cherry, cranberry, chocolate (any kind), red velvet and more, so feel free to make whatever your heart desires. Why not? You can be single but still be on the theme for Valentine’s Day.

If you’re over 21, feel free to make some cute drinks with your friends! Margaritas are great, as is wine! Or make DIY cocktails or shots! Celebrate your self-sufficiency and self-love.

Now for activities. Paint your nails, or just clean them up and file them! Do some coloring or painting; make your inner child happy! Listen to music! Bake! Sing! Do some face masks or skincare! Have a mini photoshoot! Clean your room! Do an “everything” shower! Put on some cute and cozy clothes that make you feel cute and/or sexy for YOURSELF! Or put on something super sexy FOR YOURSELF. Maybe do some healing and meditate! Seek your inner love!

Just because you are single, it doesn’t mean you don’t deserve love! Take this time to show yourself self-love and kindness. You are a beautiful and kind person who deserves effort and dedication, even if it is from YOU. Truth be told, that makes it all the more beautiful. Take this year to work on yourself and show yourself the love you want and rightfully DESERVE. Take care of yourself in whatever way you feel fits you.

I hope you find comfort, love and happiness during Valentine’s Day!

Sarah Kahn

Illinois '25

My name is Sarah Kahn and I am a Junior at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign! I am studying Information Sciences, along with pre-med. I love to play tennis, sing, listen to music, and spend time with my friends! I also love to paint and be creative in a multitude of outlets :) I really love all things related to self-care, wellbeing, and makeup! I have always been interested in these things and prioritized them into my daily routine.