Fashion Blog: Dressing For The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Now that the weather is changing and the holiday season is quickly approaching, it’s time to get in the festive as well as fashionable spirit! The perfect outfit is all you need! Whether you are planning on attending family gatherings, New Years Eve parties and just an endless amount of feasting, you always need to look fabulous during the holidays. Here are some of my favorite holiday dresses and how I would style them around this time of year.

This little black dress with a twist from Nasty Gal would be a perfect party dress this season. You could dress this up for New Years Eve or even wear it to a holiday dinner. This dress would look lovely along with gold accessories and black platforms.

If you want to be turning heads this holiday season, this dress from ASOS is the perfect way to do so. The sweetheart neckline is super flattering and you cannot get much cuter than a bow! Red will make you stand out while keeping the holiday spirit. You will be bound to receive plenty of compliments if your holiday outfit looks like this. Other shades of wine red are still sure to be abundant this season. 

Both of these dresses would work for a New Years Eve event. You can tone down the sequins with simple accessories like a basic clutch, a metal cuff and booties. I love the LC by Lauren Conrad dress on the left because it is on the non-expensive side. Lauren Conrad is one of my favorite fashion icons because she has such timeless taste, which is why I love when I find staple pieces from her collection. The shape of the dress is modest but is also exciting with a bold print. This will definitely be a stand out piece at your party. The metallic copper dress on the right is from Nasty Gal. I like this dress because along with the LC by Lauren Conrad dress, it has some fun texture to add to a simple silhouette. This would also be cute paired with simple accessories and you could even add a statement necklace to complete your outfit. This outfit is great for someone who wants to be festive but does not want to wear a full sequin dress.

This Free People lace dress with a metallic dipped bottom is one of my favorites. I love how it looks with a silver necklace, but this dress could easily shine alone. Black and silver accessories will complete your look for a glamorous holiday night out. Whether you are wearing a perfect red or a sparkly metallic, hopefully you can say your outfit this holiday season will be one for the books!