The Best TV Episodes to Get You in the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

It’s almost winter break! One way I get in the Christmas spirit is by rewatching the holiday episodes of some of my favorite shows. Here are some episodes to get you as excited for Christmas as I am!

That 70s Show

In Season 4 Episode 12: “An Eric Forman Christmas,” Eric directs the Christmas play at church and manages to get in trouble with Pastor Dave. Meanwhile, Red steals the decorations that Bob put up, causing Kitty to refer to him as the Grinch. You also can’t forget when everyone makes fun of Kelso for repeatedly saying he wants to watch Christmas specials on TV!

The Office

Now, there are plenty of Christmas episodes from The Office, but a classic one would have to be Season 2 Episode 10: “Christmas Party,” when Michael throws a Christmas party using the money he just got as a bonus. This is also the episode where they do Secret Santa and Michael shows off by gifting an iPod while Jim is adorable and gets Pam that teapot.

Friends

Season 7 Episode 10 is a classic that everyone remembers. I mean, come on, it’s “The One with the Holiday Armadillo!” No one can forget Ross dressing up in an armadillo costume trying to teach Ben about Hanukkah. Superman makes an appearance as well somehow!

Gossip Girl

In Season 1 Episode 11: “Roman Holiday,” Blair’s father comes home with an unexpected guest and she can’t make it any more obvious how disappointed she is. At the same time, Dan and Serena are stressing about finding the perfect gifts for each other, so Vanessa tries to help them. This episode is your typical Christmas on the Upper East Side!

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

The holiday special “A Midwinter’s Tale” is the first episode of Season 1 Part 2 and premieres on December 14! It’s supposed to be about the Church of Night’s winter solstice celebration, so it isn’t going to be your everyday Christmas episode. After binge watching the entire first season of this show around Halloween, I’m excited to see some of my Greendale favorites again – Sabrina Spellman and Harvey Kinkle!

Photo 1  | Photo 2  | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Melanie Marin

Illinois '21

Melanie is a senior majoring in marketing and international business management at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She spends her free time going to concerts, binging shows on netflix, and baking. Follow her on instagram @melaniemarin9
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.