This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With leaves finally changing and weather getting cozier, it’s the perfect time to immerse ourselves in all things pumpkin and fall. This year, I have been trying to enjoy the season as much as possible even with the busyness of school. Let’s walk through an agenda of my ideas for an adorable fall-filled week.

1. Start the week at your favorite coffee shop, extra points if you are also wearing a comfy sweater. Pumpkin spice lattes are key to happiness this season; or go for something more unique like an apple crisp oat milk macchiato from Starbucks. It’s so good!
  2. Once you have grabbed coffee, continue out on a shopping spree, and buy or browse decorations for your apartment or house. Home Goods is full of pumpkin candles, pillows, and cute decorations right now that will help to get you in the spirit. My apartment right now has a million ghost pillows that immediately fixed the whole living room.
  3. In your new decorated space, cozy up with your fluffiest blanket and watch a fall movie or show. When Harry Met Sally and Gilmore Girls are personal favorites that make you want to jump through the TV to live their lives.
Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

4. Going apple picking or to the pumpkin patch is something that always makes me feel like a kid. I am forever going to love getting dressed up, going to take pictures and buying a ton of the pumpkin doughnuts or bread that is always sold.

5. Do some online shopping or browsing. Even without ordering anything, I have been loving looking through fall look books on Pinterest and scrolling through websites new sweaters and collections.

6. On the topic of yummy things, spend an hour baking something fall, like pumpkin bread or apple cider doughnuts. One year I made pumpkin spice lattes from scratch on the stove. Somehow my kitchen wasn’t in flames, and they were easy and delicious!

7. Plan your Halloween costume or DIY one. There are a few weeks left, so it is very possible to not be a last-minute cat or devil on Halloween. Some good ones I saw on TikTok were Legally Blonde, a pirate or Tinkerbell. Amazon Prime will be my savior this month as I still have not ordered anything. Oops!

8. Lastly, use the weekend for a day or overnight trip. Fall is the perfect time to enjoy driving if the destination is full of colorful trees. A girl’s trip weekend at a cute cabin will make the best fall week or season yet. One of my favorite spots over fall is going up north, such as some of the homey towns like Saugatuck, Michigan. On a budget, driving around your town works just as well.

Kendra Conroy

Illinois '24

Hi! I am a junior studying Communications and Public Relations!