stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Things to Do For a Cozy Winter Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With the semester now in full swing, school is becoming a bit more stressful than it was a few weeks ago. Midterms are coming up, and you may not be getting as much sleep as you should be. To take some of the pressure off, try to set aside some time for yourself and have a night in. Here are some things you can do to have a cozy winter night!

1. Dress Comfy

Put on something you feel comfiest in, whether that be sweatpants and a hoodie or a fleece and leggings. Don’t forget to pull out your favorite blanket to make things even cozier.

2. Bake

There’s no better way to have a homey evening than baking your favorite dessert – my personal go-tos are brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Invite some friends over and make it a fun occasion to de-stress from school. If you don’t have time to bake something, an easy alternative is to make some hot chocolate!

3. Watch your favorite movie or TV show

Once you’ve pulled your cookies out of the oven, enjoy them while watching something on Netflix. I’ve been rewatching Friends and That 70s Show, and both never disappoint!

4. Listen to music

You may not necessarily have the time to just sit and watch shows, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a cozy night. Play some relaxing music or any music you love at the moment while you catch up on some homework. Make sure to set the mood by turning on some fairy lights and lighting a candle.

5. Paint

One way to get your mind off of anything stressful that may currently be going on in your life is to create something. Get creative and paint! You can paint on a flower pot, a vinyl record for crafts, or even on yourself. If you aren’t too busy, you can treat yourself to a bath afterwards to wash off the paint, and throw in a bath bomb while you’re at it! 

Photo 1  | Photo 2  | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Melanie Marin

Illinois '21

Melanie is a senior majoring in marketing and international business management at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She spends her free time going to concerts, binging shows on netflix, and baking. Follow her on instagram @melaniemarin9
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.