This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Now that Mariah Carey has officially defrosted, it’s time to get into the Christmas spirit! I know Christmas movies are an absolute must for your holiday bucket lists, so to shake things up, you should check out some Christmas-themed TV show episodes! Grab some Christmas cookies and a warm, fluffy blanket, and tune in to this short list.

Friends: Season 7, Episode 10: “The One with the Holiday Armadillo”

You can’t go wrong with rewatching Friends! Ross, Monica, Rachel, Phoebe and Chandler always provide a wholesome, yet comedic, show that will put a smile on your face. This show is also one of Matthew Perry’s most iconic roles, and since this beloved actor has recently passed away, it’s a great way to remember him and his Hollywood legacy. In this episode, Ross dresses up as an Armadillo in an attempt to get his son, Ben, invested in celebrating Hanukkah. But, Ben is a lot more impressed with Chandler dressing up as Santa Clause, and so, holiday chaos plays out but cheerfully resolves itself in the end!

Parks and Recreation: Season 4, Episode 10: “Citizen Knope”

Join the extremely positive Leslie Knope and her government work friends in this hilarious holiday episode! At this point of the show, Leslie is taking a short break from her typical job in the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department and decides that she wants to engage more in local government (aka giving an amazing present to the local government). And knowing Leslie, she’s got some comedic tricks up her sleeve.

I Love Lucy: Season 6, Episode 11: “The Christmas Show”

Arguably one of the most nostalgic shows on American television, I Love Lucy is a blast from the past that’ll definitely bring you good tidings and cheer. Moreover, this specific episode is actually one of the first uses of the flashback film technique–yes, that is how old it is! In this episode, Lucy and the gang have flashbacks of important things that occurred in their lives that lead them to reflect on the current situations. Since Christmas is all about being around friends and sentimentality, this is the perfect episode for your watchlist!

Gilmore Girls: Season 2, Episode 10: “The Bracebridge Dinner”

I feel like nothing screams fall and winter like the Gilmore Girls! Between the amazing playlists and aesthetic set, the cheery mood never misses the mark. If you want to head back to the early 2000’s, fall in love with small-town Christmas fun and witness the birth of the legendary Rory and Dean and Jess love affair, then check out this episode!

Modern Family: Season 1, Episode 10: “UnDeck the Halls”

If you’ve been on TikTok recently, then you’ve for sure seen clips from this iconic show. It has the best one-liners, and is genuinely “laugh out loud” funny! Basically, Claire and PHil’s kids are troublemakers, so the parents threaten to cancel their Christmas. And, the infamous Cam and Mitchell decide to take their daughter Lily to take pictures with Santa at the mall. But of course, because this is Modern Family, nothing goes as planned. Check it out!

So there you have it, I hope you have an amazing holiday season!

Baileigh Hannah

Illinois '25

Baileigh is a passionate English major that also loves to dabble in creative writing. When she isn't writing, you can find her rewatching The Office, reading a book, or listening to new music!