4 Quick Ways To Make Your Outfit Go Day To Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Now that it’s fall, it won’t be so easy to spice up your tank top-and-shorts ensemble you wore for classes to go out! If you wore the same outfit in 50 degree weather, well, I think we know how that’ll turn out and it won’t be a great night. For class, most of us just tumble out of bed, grab our go-to long sleeve and leggings, throw on a light jacket (and maybe even spruce it up with a scarf), and just head out the door. Sometimes class tends to run late and you’re left with maybe 5 to 10 minutes to get ready and head out with your friends. Here are 4 quick ways you can upgrade your fall class outfit for your night out!

1. Throw on a leather jacket

This might seem like a simple upgrade and it is! It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing a plain long sleeve, a t-shirt with writing on it, or even a sweater, all you have to do is exchange your jacket for a leather jacket and you’re set. It’s a look that is effortless but makes it seem like you put a lot of effort. If you don’t have a leather jacket, you can substitute a denim jacket or even a blazer!

2. Use accessories!

A statement necklace can change any outfit for the better. You can pick a necklace that stands out on its own or even choose to layer dainty necklaces. Accessories are a great way to change up an outfit from informal to formal in a flash. In addition to a necklace, you can also add some rings onto your fingers!

3. Exchange your top for something more cozier

Fall nights can get extremely cold and the last thing you want to be is freezing while walking to the bar or to meet your friends. Change your long sleeve, t-shirt, or whatever top you were wearing for a chunky knit sweater. Not only do these keep you warm but they’re also effortlessly fashionable. A chunk sweater adds a touch of sophistication to any outfit, even if for pants you’re simply wearing leggings.

4. Try a skirt and tights!

If you have a little bit more time to change, why not try and skirt and tights combination? The current trend at the fashion shows around the world are denim skirts and corduroy skirts. Since it’s a little bit cold to just wear the skirts alone, add patterned or see-through tights underneath! It’ll keep your legs warm while making your outfit unique. You can even wear this combination in addition to a leather jacket or a chunk knit sweater, or even both!

Pictures from:

www.zara.com

www.dailymail.co.uk

Jenny Kim

Illinois

Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter