The Lalalaptop Phone Coffee
The Lalalaptop Phone Coffee
Her Campus Media

Why you need Pinterest in your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Being creative is a skill that not everyone possesses, or at least not all the time. I have moments when ideas are continually flowing from my brain, and times when I cannot even begin to think out of the box. Using Pinterest has helped in numerous ways and my hope is that through this article you will learn about the wonderful things this website has to offer!

Quotes

To begin, there are quotes! Any topic you are searching for or information you are hoping to gather can be found. Hundreds of pins, also known as images, pop up with each search, allowing for a broad capacity that really helps you find what you are looking for. It can be hard to articulate what to say at times. Therefore, finding the right quote makes it easier to put your thoughts into words.

Daily Life

This is one of the many social media outlets I tend to find myself on throughout the day. There are gift ideas, holiday recipes, house decorations, DIY crafts, fashion, beauty, and so on. Whatever you are passionate about there are pins that will capture your attention and can be useful to you.

Professional

Not only can there be day to day benefits but Pinterest can be used in a work setting. For example, there are numerous bulletin board ideas or office organization tips. It is fascinating at the amount of creativity people put in to make their workspace more personalized and this website is a great place to start.

Benefit for Visual People/Learners

I love pictures. (And guess what, there are thousands of them!) If you classify yourself as a visual learner this is perfect. Not only can you learn from what is typed or shown on the images but most of the time if you click on the pin a URL link is attached with more information.

Ability to Communicate

Sharing is caring and nothing is more fun that having a shared board with your friend or mom. Whether it is with your coworkers, friends, or family, it is a great way to work with others. For example, my future roommate and I created one today. A few other suggestions these can be used for would be wish lists, graduation picture ideas, or perhaps birthday party planning.

Inspiring is the one word I would use to describe Pinterest. If this article does not make you want to check it out I don’t know what will. I highly recommend you download the app or make an account; you will not regret it.

Lynn Merigold

Illinois State '23

Lynn graduated from Illinois State University, where she was a contributing writer, chapter editor/president, and member of the Campus Trendsetters community. When she’s not teaching, you can find her spending time with family/friends, attending a fitness class, or listening to an audiobook!
Contributor account for Illinois State