This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The Marvel Universe is a world like no other. It is a community that is everlasting. The joy that is felt from every new release is insurmountable. I think everyone should join the fandom and I’ll tell you why.

There is Nothing Like the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Action. Comedy. Thriller. Marvel has it all. Every single movie is full of excitement and stunning visual effects. These movies keep you on your toes and you will not regret getting involved. Plus… who doesn’t like superheroes?

Marvel is For Anyone

Popcorn
Sara Carte / Spoon

Marvel’s target audience is everybody and everyone. Marvel is perfect for teenagers and even better for adults. The superhero theme is perfect for teens, and the comedic breaks and funny phrases will make any adult laugh. There is a reason Marvel has such a big following.

The Women are Marvelous

The Marvel women are glorious in everything they do. Marvel has the most diverse cast in any series when it comes to gender. We all know representation is important and what better way to see representation than with superheroes!

Marvel is Here to Stay

With 27 movies and counting, Marvel is not going anywhere. Currently, Marvel has seven movies set for release throughout 2023. You will always have something to look forward to when it comes to Marvel!

New TV Series

still from Disney\'s Loki
Marvel Studios

Recently Marvel has begun adding television shows to their repertoire. These TV series’ give you the chance to understand the characters in a new way. I believe these extra episodes will set the scene for the forthcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 4.

The Actors

The actors and actresses Marvel recruits for their movies are insane. You have Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Paul Rudd, Scarlett Johansson, and Angelina Jolie just to name a few. Marvel has not and will not stop at just these names. Marvel is rumored to have added even more famous actors and actresses to the cast list in Melissa McCarthy, Christian Bale and Harry Styles. (Yes, you read that right, Harry Styles!) If Harry Styles isn’t enough to convince you to start watching I don’t know what will.

A Guide to MArvel

Have you decided you immediately need to binge all of Marvel? If so here is the guide I followed when I started to watch the franchise. I suggest that first-time watchers should watch in timeline order. This order of movies helps you better understand what is going on in the Marvel universe.

It’s time to rip off the Band-Aid and start watching some movies. Becoming a marvel fan was one of the best things I ever did. Now is your chance to join the club! Happy watching!

Dani Hartmann

Illinois State '24

Hi! My name is Dani and I am a sophomore at Illinois State. I am currently double majoring in Public Relations and Political Science with a minor in Economics. I am so excited to be a writer for HerCampus and can't wait to share my articles! Feel free to follow me on social media: Instagram: dani.ellemh Facebook: Danielle Marie Tiktok: dani.ellemh