What Boots You NEED to be Wearing This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The temperature is dropping and the leaves are falling which means we have begun one of the greatest seasons for shoes. Fall brings so much versatility when it comes to footwear, especially with boots. Here are 5 styles that you can rock whether you are going out or running to class: 

1. Ankle boots 

These are timeless and you will definitely get your money’s worth when it comes to wear count. This is a must have for sure. 

2. Over-the-Knee boots 

We have seen Kim K slay in them and we have seen Gigi casually walk the streets in them. These boots can amp up any outfit, not to mention they are super warm since they cover your whole leg. 

3. Combat boots

This style of boots seems to come around every year, but this season combat boots are getting a total makeover with chunky heels and shiny hardware. It is a refreshed version of the shoe style we love wearing. 

4. Velvet boots 

Velvet is one of this season’s top trends. No matter what form it shows up in, it is instantly chic. Velvet boots will give you the ultimate cool girl vibe. 

5. Patterned boots 

If you are looking to make a statement, then these are the boots for you. Try a leopard print or a floral print to spice up your look. 

From ankle boots to velvet boots, Fall gives you the excuse to get out of your shoe comfort zone and try the latest fashion trends.

Allison O'Brien

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State