This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Barrettes, headbands, and scrunchies were probably an essential part of your middle school wardrobe. From a fashion statement just from something to keep the hair out of your face; hair accessories are escalating quickly in the world of fashion this Spring. 

The change of seasons is the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe, an even better way to do this is by adding some fun to your hairdo with these accessories. Check out these must-add accessories to your closet. 

Hair Scarfs Hair scarfs are the perfect balance between an elegant look, but they can also pair nicely with a basic sweater. Style your bathing suit looks for the beach this year with your favorite casual up-do and a hair scarf. These can also be a great life hack for making any bad hair day look not so bad. 

Big Clips A little disappointed that butterfly clips are not on this list? Do not worry, hair barrettes are on the come up. Consider wearing multiple sets in your braid or ponytail to prove you can rock this grown-up look when styled the right way. 

Pearl Bobby Pins This would be an easy starter statement for anyone who wants to spice up your look. The key to pulling off this look is by wearing as many bobby pins as possible. To make it even more trendy, find some from your favorite fashion brands that have fun pearls or crystals on them. 

Scrunchies Scrunchies are probably one of the most practical of all the hair accessory trends because you can use these to throw your hair up into a ponytail while managing to look on trend. You can find scrunchies at almost all of your favorite stores, and they are one of the least damaging hair ties you can use. 

Accessories are a great way to boost your wardrobe, so have fun with it!

Trisha Fritz

Illinois State '19

Hi I am Trisha- a natural born leader with a proven track record on taking chaotic situations and turning them into something great and a wannabe pop-culture expert. I am graduating Illinois State University in 2019 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism with a minor in Writing. In college, I worked at the schools TV station, TV-10. While in school, I’ve managed and motivated my peers in the communication area while balancing a hectic work schedule in the service industry. Do not let my wittiness fool you, this is all just a plan for world domination.
Contributor account for Illinois State