This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

While I have never been in a relationship myself, Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. I am a sucker for a good rom-com, chocolates, and flowers. Some may say I’m a hopeless romantic, but I just love the idea of having a holiday centered all around love. To get in the V-day mood, I found my top picks for Valentine’s Day-themed TV show episodes that will entertain all the couples and single people out there.

“Crazy, Cupid, Love” – Gossip Girl

Starting off the list with one of my favorite season 5 episodes of Gossip Girl, “Crazy, Cupid, Love”, this is a true bright spot of the season. This episode involves Blair’s scheming, Georgina stirring up drama, and a shocking ending. While I hate the ending of the episode, I choose to look past it and focus on the hilarity of Blair playing cupid, the season one nostalgia, and the overall strong storyline. I love the Valentine’s day ambiance this episode provides, and it is an easy go-to to feel instantly immersed in the romance of the holiday.

“Valentine’s Day” – The Office

This episode is a great option for all the people who aren’t as obsessed with Valentine’s day as me. As assumed, The Office takes a more comedic approach to this holiday following Michael as he tells the CFO of the company that he and Jan hooked up. This episode also centers on all the couples at the time of the show, following their romantic storylines providing the perfect balance of comedy and romance.

“Silly Love Songs”- Glee

While Glee had many memorable Valentine’s day episodes, “Silly Love Songs” will always remain superior in my eyes. This is the first time we see Valentine’s Day celebrated at Mckinley High, following Finn as he hosts a kissing booth in hopes to raise money for the glee club as well as following Kurt and Blaine as they try to figure out their feelings for each other. The whole episode features quite literally “silly love songs” that will guarantee to put a smile on your face. The episode will overall put you in the best mood regardless of if you’re in a relationship or not, a true must watch this season. 

“My Bloody Valentine”- Supernatural 

Shifting the tone on this list pretty drastically with a darker, suspenseful series being Supernatural, this episode offers its own unique take on the holiday. “My Bloody Valentine” takes place in the middle of season five, focusing on the mythical creature of ‘Cupid.’ Sam and Dean have to hunt down Cupid to understand the mysterious deaths that keep occurring leading up to V-day. If you’re not into romance as much, this would be the perfect episode to watch because it definitely has a more dark comedic theme rather than a romantic one, still embracing the cheesiness of the holiday.

“The One with the Candy Hearts”- Friends

Ending the list with a light-hearted, cute Valentines’ Day themed episode, Friends showcases how the characters act on this holiday within the first season. “The One with the Candy Hearts” follows Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel as they burn the memories of the past relationships, causing a hilarity of events to ensue. The guys of the group also have their own romantic storylines, making for an overall funny and romantic episode perfect for this time of year. 

Well, there you have my top picks for a fun Valentine’s Day night in to watch this year. Whether or not you are happily in love or spending another year single, try to enjoy the pure happiness and love this holiday is intended to represent.

Thanks for reading, V

Hi, I'm Vanesa! I am currently a Communication major at Illinois State University. I'm so thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus team because writing has always been a huge passion for me and now I have an opportunity to showcase that and grow as a writer. Besides writing, I love horror movies, dramatic tv shows, and iced coffee. I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them so stay tuned for more! xoxo, V
Contributor account for Illinois State