This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With Halloween looming, it is time to find some must watches for the glorious occasion since I figure most people won’t be leaving the house this year. If you don’t have the attention span for a movie, I wanted to provide a list of spooky tv show options for you to enjoy during this spooky season.

“Halloween” The Office

Starting off the list with a very light-hearted, easy-going show The Office is always a great option to guarantee a good time. I can turn an episode on of The Office and nine times out of ten people won’t be complaining. In this season 2 episode, Micheal is forced to fire somebody in the office which affects the Halloween festivities. This episode always makes me laugh and it’s fun to see all the characters in creative Halloween costumes.

“A Wild Ghost Chase” Dynasty

This is the first time we see the Carringtons on Halloween, and it does not disappoint. “A Wild Ghost Chase” is one of my favorite episodes of season 3, not only because of my love for Halloween but the classic Dynasty drama that ensues during this episode. The Halloween party makes you wish you were there, and all the costumes are simply to die for. This is a great option for all the Halloween vibes with a touch of drama.

“The Haunted Mask” Goosebumps

I am not exaggerating when I say this, but this episode is able to freak me out at twenty just as much as when I was twelve. For a ‘children’s’ show, Goosebumps really knew how to keep kids up at night. “The Haunted Mask” is engraved in my memory because it has always been one of my favorite Goosebumps episodes, following Carly Beth who buys a Halloween mask in hopes of scaring her bullies later in the night when she tries to take it off it stuck to her face and the evil powers from the mask are activated. The haunted mask is also considered one of the series most iconic antagonists, making this episode a more than worthy candidate for a Halloween night viewing.

“Too Old to Trick or Treat, Too Young to Die” That 70s Show

In this season 3 episode of That 70s Show the gang is still up to their old tricks, but this time with a Halloween backdrop. This entire episode is pretty much an homage to Alfred Hitchock’s entire career, with several nods and easter eggs to all of his films aside from The Rocky Horror Picture Show reference when we see Fez dressed as Dr. Frankenfurter. This is another easy-going, spooky choice for a fun Halloween night with friends.   

“IScream on Halloween”  ICarly

This was another one of my favorite episodes of ICarly as a kid because I love the creepy ambiance along with the overall strong plot. In this season one episode, Carly, Sam, and Freddie record their iconic web show from a haunted suite, and hilarity ensues from there. The spooky vibes in this episode are truly top tier, making it one of my favorite Halloween themed tv show episodes of all time. 

“The One With The Halloween Party” Friends

Friends is another show that I can turn on with a group of people and usually, no complaints will be made. This episode is beyond hilarious, following Monica and Chandler as they host a Halloween party at the apartment, but everyone else has their own agendas. We see Ross dress up as the iconic ‘holiday armadillo’ as well as Rachel being fed up with the trick-or-treaters. This is a must-see Halloween themed episode this season.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester” Supernatural

Supernatural is already a suspenseful, spooky show at its core in addition to the Halloween setting, this makes for the perfect choice to set the tone for a festive night in October. This episode follows Sam and Dean as they investigate mysterious deaths linked to a Halloween demon. It is a super fun, and jam-packed episode with our favorite brothers, so this episode is a guaranteed good time if you’re a Supernatural fan of course. 

“Chapter Two: The Dark Baptism” The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Season one of Sabrina is my absolute favorite, merely for the Halloween vibes alone along with the storylines being completely captivating. This specific episode, however, is entirely based around Halloween, which also falls on the same day as Sabrina Spellman’s 16th birthday where she has to decide if she is going to sign the Book of the Beast, granting her the ability to become a full witch. There are so many scenes in this episode that make you feel entirely immersed in the Halloween scene, thus making it a must-watch. 

“The Rocky Horror Glee Show” Glee

Marking this episode of Glee as its’ first tribute to a musical compared to a band or singer, “The Rocky Horror Glee Show” is a hilarious, musically driven, and simply iconic episode that any fan of the original musical must watch. This is the first and only Halloween themed episode of Glee, making it pretty difficult to forget. After Will finds out Emma’s love for The Rocky Horror Picture Show he decides that the New Directions will put on that show for the annual school musical. The students perform seven songs from the musical, and despite some lyric changes due to the strong adult themes in the original, the covers truly do the musical justice. My favorite covers from the episode would have to be “There’s a Light ( Over at Frankenstein’s Place)” and “Time Warp”. While this musical would realistically never be able to be performed at a high school, it is easy to forget that watching the insanely impressive, spooky musical numbers this episode is full of.

“The Ghost in Suite 613” Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Ending this list off with arguably one of the most iconic Suite Life of Zack and Cody episodes, I can confidently say that this episode scared every kid that was watching Disney Channel when this aired. When Zack, Cody, Maddie, and London decide to spend the night in a supposed haunted suite they make a bet to see who will be more scared of ghosts. This episode truly freaked me out as a kid and probably even as an adult. This is great to watch this October not only for spooky vibes but for those who love a taste of nostalgia every now and again.

Well there you have it, my top picks for Halloween themed TV show episodes this season to leave you fully content in all your spooky needs this October. Happy Halloween everyone, stay safe!

Thanks for reading, V

Hi, I'm Vanesa! I am currently a Communication major at Illinois State University. I'm so thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus team because writing has always been a huge passion for me and now I have an opportunity to showcase that and grow as a writer. Besides writing, I love horror movies, dramatic tv shows, and iced coffee. I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them so stay tuned for more! xoxo, V
Contributor account for Illinois State