This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

In this day and age, all things media are popping. All of the apps like Instagram, Twitter and Spotify are necessities if you want to keep up with today’s culture. Along with that, one of the biggest things I have recently gotten into is podcasts. Podcasts are a great way to stay entertained throughout the day while keeping busy. There are so many different types of podcasts too, so I can guarantee you will find at least one you will like. Here are just a few that get me through the week.

1. Call Your Girlfriend. This podcast is perfect for anyone who wants to keep up on anything and everything this is for you. These two long distances best friends talk about anything from Beyonce to books you should be reading this Winter. They have over 100 episodes already and have a new one out every Friday. 

2. Freakanomics Radio. If you haven’t read the book Freakanomics, you probably should, but this podcast is a great way to get you prepared to read it. This podcast goes into deep details about how the world works and share crazy facts. They answer questions about why people wait in lines to the economics behind sports gambling. This podcast will answer all your questions. 

3. My Favorite Murder. This probably sounds a bit intense for a podcast, but it is worth the listen. If you are into investigating murders and going through the nitty gritty details with two hilarious women, this is the podcast for you. They make something horrible funnier than it should be, but in a great way to entertain the audience. 

4. The Read. This podcast is not about books or reading at all. Kid Fury and Crissle go through all the things currently happening in pop culture today. These two also bring up life lessons and tips on mental health for people who feel as if they need a safe space away from their life that day. While going over serious matters and keeping up with the culture today, this podcast is a great listen for everyone. 

5. Tiny Leaps, Big Changes. Do you ever wonder how you can be your best self? Tiny Leaps, Big Changes goes through strategies and tips on how you can take small steps to change your life. The advice they give is not your average lifestyle advice you hear from anyone either. Their tips will have you growing as a person and being the best you in no time. 

All of these podcasts are fantastic in anyone need of advice or just looking for a way to keep them entertained throughout the day. There are so many more podcasts out there that are similar to these. The topics of podcasts are endless and I’m sure there is one out there for everyone to enjoy throughout their week.

Chloe Lindbom

Illinois State '21

Hey guys! I'm Chloe a Senior here at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Public Relations and looking forward to my future career. Until then I plan to keep drinking iced coffee, keeping up with all the latest reality shows, and writing articles for Her Campus. I can't wait to share my writing and part of my life with y'all. If you want even more of me in your life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Twitter - @ChloDae Instagram - @Chlo.Dae
Contributor account for Illinois State