timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Thoughts on Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Hello, Liars! Welcome back! 

As you probably already know if you’re a die-hard PLL fan like me, the new spin-off of Pretty Little Liars called The Perfectionists aired last night. I kid you not, I watched the original show from the very beginning to the very end, loving every single second of it! I was a little heartbroken when it had to come to an end, but I knew it was coming. However, when I heard there was a spin-off in the works, I was a little skeptical but excited! 

I feel like all spin-off shows never end up being as good as the original series. Usually they all try really hard to be as popular and as good as their originals and it never really works out. However, I decided I needed to give The Perfectionists a fair shot, seeing as my favs Alison and Mona are going to be back on my television screen every Wednesday night for a while.

The show starts off with an explanation as to why Alison and Mona are now working at Beacon Heights University, which is to get a fresh start. Seems logical, right? But of course, where there’s liars, death follows! 

It didn’t take long for the twists and turns to evolve and to see the different dynamics between our new Liars: Nolan Hotchkiss, Ava Jalali, Dylan Walker, and Caitlin Lewis. 

Nolan is Beacon Heights’ bad boy. Though he tries to put forth the image of the family “golden boy”, trouble seems to follow him everywhere he goes. Even though his family practically owns the University, that doesn’t stop him from manipulating his way to the top. 

Ava Jalali is a stylish trendsetter with a bit of a sad family background.  Ava hopes to own her own fashion/clothing line someday. She’s also super brilliant, which gives her the ability to code and run her own fashion blog/YouTube channel. 

Dylan Walker is attending Beacon Heights on a music scholarship and is an aspiring cellist. He seems to be the “good boy” of the group but also seems to have a little bit of a dark side. Also, I already hardcore ship his relationship with his boyfriend, Andrew. 

Caitlin Lewis is the beautiful daughter of two successful mothers, one of which is a United States Senator and planning to run for President. Caitlin is a hard-worker and hopes to follow in the footsteps of her mother, taking her seat on the Senate eventually…. that is, if her secrets don’t crush her first.

I’m not going to spoil too much for you guys, but I was pleasantly surprised with The Perfectionists! The twists, turns, love triangles, and secrets make it a juicy drama that will definitely keep you on your toes. I can’t say if it’s at Pretty Little Liars level yet, but I’m excited to see what’s to come.

Make sure to tune in on Wednesday nights at 7 P.M. on the Freeform channel to catch this new juicy drama with me!

HCXO, 

Alyssa

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1
Contributor account for Illinois State