This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If I could name one person with a heart of gold, it would be Maddie Kennedy. Maddie is a member of Gamma Phi Beta, ISU’s Club Cross Country and Track Team (yes, she runs for fun). She is a member of College Mentor for Kids and coaches for a program called Girls in the Game. She will also be attending Alternative Spring Break this year. I’ve known Maddie since high school (Go Hill) and knew she would be the perfect Campus Cutie because of how involved she is on campus at Illinois State. Maddie is known for her bubbly personality, good looks, athleticism, and so much more.

Name: Maddie Kennedy

Age: 19

Year in School: Sophomore

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Joliet, IL

Relationship status: Single as a Pringle

Nicknames: Madd, Mads, May, Madeline Rose, Maddog, Madeltwine, Madster, Matt (basically anything starting with Ma)

Her Campus ISU: What is a fun fact about yourself that not many people know?

Maddie Kennedy: I am a very competitive person and love to do any kind of competitions. For example, I do strangely well at eating contests. So far I have won four kinds: Oreo, milkshake, cereal, and watermelon eating contests.

HC ISU: What do you love most about running for our Club Cross-Country/Track Team?

MK: I have always loved running and being a part of the club team has helped me continue to do what I love with some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I love the people I have met through the Club Cross Country/Track team. Everyone is so welcoming and it’s amazing having such a great group of people to run with!

HC ISU: What is your favorite spot to eat in Blo-No?

MK: My favorite spot is definitely Avanti’s because my favorite food in the entire world is bread and they have the best. 

HC ISU: What is your favorite memory since coming to Illinois State?

MK: I can’t really pick one favorite memory I’ve had at ISU. I had a blast freshman year in Watterson with my roommates knock-knock ditching and riding around in those cart things all of the time. Meeting so many wonderful people at ISU and joining my sorority makes up all of the great memories I have made in my year and a half here so far!

HC ISU: What do you look for in a guy?

MK: Any guy that can make me laugh is a keeper. I look for a guy that can be a huge goofball and always be up for doing something outdoors and fun. 

HC ISU: What do you like and dislike about living in your sorority house this year?

MK: My favorite part is that I never get bored because there is always someone to hang out with, and also so many closets to choose from! My biggest complaint would have to be my struggle to keep track of my house key.

HC ISU: What are you most excited about for your future career as a teacher?

MK: I am so excited to teach my kids a lesson and see them really understand it. I think the best feeling is knowing you made a difference in someone’s life and I can’t wait to do that every day for my students. 

HC ISU: What is your favorite breed of dogs and why?

MK: Ever since I was little I have loved chocolate labs and it’s honestly just because of their name. 

HC ISU: Last but not least, what are your thoughts on finals week?

MK: I don’t really understand why we have finals honestly. I just think we have enough tests throughout the year… why do we need to have a big one at the end of the semester on top of that? If you’re like me, you too are a bad test taker. I hate the pressure of taking one test that is worth so much of my grade, it’s too stressful!

HC ISU: Petition to ban finals week, am I right?

Alexis Bauer

Illinois State

Lover of sarcasm and pizza.
Contributor account for Illinois State