This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and that means time to dress up in costumes. Except what if you don’t have a costume. Don’t worry I have you covered with these five last minute costumes that you can (most likely) put together with items already in your closet.

Farmer or Scarecrow

For this costume all you need is a pair of jeans, a flannel, and boots. If you want to make it the scarecrow you can just put some makeup on to make yourself look like a scarecrow.

Picture via: pinterest 

Biker/Greaser

To be a biker or a greaser grab some black jeans or other dark colored jeans. Also grab some leather boots and a leather jacket. Don’t forget to get a t-shirt too. For girls you can wear eyeliner and dark lipstick.

Picture via: pinterest 

Hunter

Being a hunter is simple. If you have camouflage and neon orange, you’ll be good to go. Put some jeans on, boots or sneakers, and your camouflage.

Hippie

For this one you will need tie-dye. Grab a tie-dye t-shirt and some flare jeans. That’s for the simple look but to be a bit more extra you can add some accessories. To accessorize this look, grab a bandana and wear it as a headband, also grab some peace sign jewelry and you’re good to go.

Picture via: pinterest

Characters

Where’s Waldo: a red and white striped shirt, jeans, converse, a red beanie, and a pair of glasses.

Minion: A yellow shirt, overalls, black boots, and a pair of goggles.

This is just a few last-minute costumes. If you want/need more ideas, you can look up ideas on Pinterest it has a ton more. Happy Halloween and have fun dressing up!

Nastassja Ott

Illinois State '22

Junior at Illinois State University Early Childhood Education Major I love reading, writing, drawing, and coloring in my free time
Contributor account for Illinois State