Kim and Kanye’s Baby: Kimye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

“Blue Ivy, I’m gonna let you finish, but Kimye West will be the best baby of all time!”

This summer Kim Kardashian will give birth to Kanye West’s baby. Kanye West proudly announced at a concert in Atlantic City that he and his girlfriend of eight months were expecting their first child. This came as a surprise to both Kim, who has faced fertility issues, and to society. Seeing as her prior marriage didn’t even last three months, nine months seems like a pretty long commitment.

According to Huffingtonpost.com, Kanye denied an offer of three million dollars for the first baby pictures. Let’s be serious though, the offer needs to be at least a minimum of 10 million. Three million is mere pocket change for them. The saddest part of this pregnancy is that the baby isn’t even born yet and it’s already richer than most of us will ever be.

Will this couple get married? Who know’s. But if they do, let’s just hope the DJ doesn’t play “Gold Digger” at the wedding. That could get real awkward, real fast. Though it does seem appropriate for Kanye to rap “18 years, 18 years, she’s got one of my kids, got me for 18 years.”

Prince William and Kate Middleton are also expecting a baby around the same time in July.  Which one will have more hype? Tough question, even though the answer SHOULD be obvious. One Mom is a princess and the other is….well it’s not really clear. But in our society and the lavish thirst for celebrities with no talent, Kim has sadly made her way to the top of the celebrity food chain.

According to Huffingtonpost.com, Kanye’s ex-girlfriend states, “Being together satisfies them for now. Having a baby ticks a box. She wanted kids and it’s his legacy.” Both the parents have a crazy amount of ego, so is anyone else nervous how the baby will turn out? The Examiner.com says that Kim and Kanye have made it clear that they do not want their child growing up in front of cameras. Wait, isn’t there a show on T.V. called “Keeping Up With the Kardashians”. And doesn’t it film literally everything in Kim’s entire life? So alright, we’ll see how well that all works out for them.

Honestly, I do feel like I’m giving them a hard time. They definitely could prove the entire world wrong and end up being awesome parents. But then again, that wouldn’t be much fun to write about now would it?