ISU Alums Set To Pitch To Shark Tank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Well, I have been waiting to write this article for a long time now and I am beyond excited to finally be able to post it! I have been interning with a Start-Up company founded by my Alpha Kappa Psi brothers here at ISU for about a year now. The company is Packback and we provide $3-$5 textbook rentals on a need basis. The idea capitalizes on the fact that we rarely use textbooks anyway and we are stuck spending hundreds of dollars a semester on wasted paper. Not only do we sell you the book, but we give you an awesome opportunity to sell the books you already have easily online for free. Check out the sell feature on our website, type in the ISBN, and be told the highest price you can sell your book for and print the free shipping label on the spot! For a brief overview of what Packback does check out the video below

We started at ISU just last year and have since grown to over 2000 titles and available all over the country. The founders, Kasey Gandham and Mike Shannon met on campus their freshman year when they started the business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi together. The competed in the E-Day competition here at ISU with the Packback model and won, launching their business into a path that has led them straight to the doors of Shark Tank.

Be sure to watch this Friday, March 21st at 8 pm central time on ABC! And be on the look-out for an exclusive interview with the founders after the show airs in the week following, right here at HerCampus Illinois State!

Jack Sutherland

Illinois State

Male writer for HC Illinois State! If you like what you read, tell us!@HCIllinoisState @JackOSutherland