Hot spots to study this week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With finals week just days away, I’m sure most students are cramming in as much information as possible. So which places are available to get the most studying done? Here are a few places that might work for you!

Milner Library:How much more obvious can you get?
The library is full of areas to get a good cram session in. Most areas in the library are great places to study EXCEPT floor 6! All floors of the library are maximum quiet floors except for the 6th floor. With all the noise on floor 6 it will be almost impossible to concentrate. So stick to all the floors except the 6th!
*Sunday night our very own Milner Library will be hosting its 2nd “Meet me at the club” where they will be having a study break full of dancing. For more information visit:
http://www.hercampus.com/school/illinoisstate/meet-me-club-club-milner-finals-week

The Bone Student Center: The Bone Student Center will have later hours this week only. They will be open Sunday May 1st through Wednesday May 4th from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am. There will be free refreshments on the 1st floor during these times. There are several corners in the bone with comfortable seating that are great for studying. Einsteins, also located in the bone student center, is also a great place with comfortable seating and tables for studying. It is also a great place to get a late night snack and coffee!

The Quad: This great spring weather makes the quad a great place to relax and study. Not only are there several benches all throughout the quad, but there is also a lot of spots in the grass to sit. If you bring a blanket out, the grass is a great place to sit and study. There are areas in the sun and also shaded areas under the trees. Weather for the week is as follows: Monday 60 degrees with only 10% chance of rain, Tuesday 58 degrees with 10 % of rain, Wednesday 65 degrees with 10% chance of rain, and Thursday 63 degrees with 40% chance of rain. All but Thursday we are expected to have beautiful weather!

Dorm Lounges: Whether or not you live in the dorms, the lounges are a great place to work in the peace and quiet. Most of the lounges are decent sized and are almost never full of people. The lounges are also located a decent distance away from rooms making
them even quieter. Lounges can also be a great place for study groups to work and study together.

Coffee Shops: Let’s face it, whether you like coffee or not, it can come to great use during times like these. Here on campus we are fortunate to have several well known coffee shops with great reputations. The Coffee Hound is located on W. North Street right next to Jimmy Johns. This coffee shop is not only conveniently close to campus, but it also has a great reputation. It is quiet, full of tables and chairs, and has delicious pastries and coffee. The Coffee House and Deli is another popular place here on campus. It is located on E. Beaufort Street. It is known for its huge variety of coffees from around the world. Caffiena’s Café, located on Broadway, and has been known to have an extremely friendly staff and great food. Also, as I mentioned before, Einsteins is here on campus located in the Bone Student Center right next to Milner Library. Its hours are extremely convenient and they are open as late as midnight every night.

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.