This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As we all know, Halloween is just a few days away! With everything going on right now (*cough* a pandemic *cough*) I know many people probably aren’t in the spookiest of spirits, but, even in the middle of COVID, there are still a ton of ways to have a great Halloween.

Carve pumpkins with your friends.

Carving pumpkins is not only a fun Halloween activity, but it’s also a GREAT stress reliever. If you’re anything like me though, and your carving jobs don’t always turn out that great, paint is always a good supplement!

Make spooky treats.

There’s nothing better to celebrate this holiday with than some adorable (and delicious!) fall goodies. Pinterest is always the go-to for this one. They have the best recipes that are one, not too expensive, and two, cute as hell! 

Dress up and take pictures.

I personally have 2 costumes lined up for the weekend. I think dressing up and going all out would be so fun and something to do with your friends!

Have a movie marathon.

There’s an endless supply of spooky movies out there. With lots of snacks and a festive film, who needs to go out and party? Pick a series and watch all night!

Exchange spooky baskets with your friends.

Spooky baskets can be so fun as a group activity with your friends. If everyone picks a name from a hat and then spends like $25-$30 on a cute little basket for the person that they got, it would make for the perfect, cute, and wholesome activity!

I know this year isn’t going to be the same as it normally is but that doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun! Embrace the current state of the world and live it up this Halloween!

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
Contributor account for Illinois State