Fall Lip Picks (On 3 Skin Tones)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As we are moving into a new season, everything is changing. The leaves are changing colors and falling from the trees, the temperatures are slowly dropping, Starbucks is now bringing back pumpkin spice everything and everyone’s inner basic is starting to come out. It`s fall ladies, and with all the changes that are happening we simply cannott forget our lips. From reds, to plums, and bricks, and many more – it`s not hard to see why fall is everyone`s favorite. Below are a few of my picks for fall lip looks (Featuring 3 different women and 3 very different shades):

1. LAX – Colourpop Collection-$6

LAX simply screams fall. Getting its name from the famous airline destination in Los Angeles, this vampy brick red lippie will have all your friends wondering where your going rocking that color. With LAX you’re sure to slay this season.

2. Black Cherry- Milani Collection- $5.99

Black cherry is a must have and it definitely makes a statement. They say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice and that’s exactly what you’ll get with this deep plum shade… making it a super sweet pick.

3. Bordeaux- Rimmel London Collection- $5

Getting it`s name from the wine growing region of France, this lippie will have you thinking of just that. This color is a deep wine red. Perfect for all those nights in. Hello Wine Wednesday!!

4. Teddy- NYX Collection- $7.99

This is a cozy one for those cold days. Teddy is a warm rich brown. I love this color and it can be worn almost everyday. From those days nestled in front of your screen watching Netflix, to those days when you’re meeting your date at the coffee shop. Teddy is a keeper.

5.  Limbo- Colourpop Collection- $6

Another favorite of mine. Limbo is a super chocolatey brown. It looks great especially with boots and a scarf. This color will have people turning heads and bending over backwards.

6. Monte Carlo- NYX Collection- $5.99

Nothing is more classic than a red lip. This color would be great for any season but its perfect for fall because of how much it resembles the color of the red leaves as well as our very own Redbirds. Monte Carlo is my new obsession. You will definitely be receiving many compliments, I guarantee.

7. Transylvania- NYX Collection- $5.99

This hauntingly dark color will have you killing the game. If you’re the kind of girl to dare to be bold and try a dark lip, Transylvania is a great pick for you. It is a matte deep violet and it is sure to make statement.

8. Guess- Colourpop Collection- $6

Guess steals the show. This deep darkened violet resembles navy blue when it is applied. The color will definitely keep you from blending in with the crowd and is perfect for a night out with the girls. This color, like the name, will keep people guessing.

Good Luck Ladies!

XOXO,

Kayla 

Contributor account for Illinois State