This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With the Pisces season in full swing, what better time to let you know everything about them. As a true, authentic Pisces I feel I have gathered a lot of knowledge about this zodiac sign throughout my lifetime and am a credible source when it comes to all things Pisces.

Even if you don’t know anything about zodiac signs, you’ve probably heard that Pisces are dreamers and that they are emotional. While that is what we are most known for there is so much more than meets the eye when it comes to Pisces. Yes, what you’ve heard is true we are dreamers, fantasizers, and idealists. We tend to see the best in people which isn’t a bad thing but it inevitably gives us the reputation of being naive. Pisces tend to fantasize about the future instead of focusing on what is true and current. 

Escapism is a common theme in a Pisces life because when life throws an obstacle their way, they tend to just pretend it isn’t happening. It takes a lot for a Pisces to open up which is why they are often one of the most difficult zodiacs to understand since they keep a lot of their personal struggles inside. Pisces are some of the most empathetic people there are, we are always able to see another person’s perspective and put ourselves in their shoes; we are easily trusting and easily forgiving. 

One of the biggest downfalls for a Pisces is criticism, we have a tendency to take things really personally and overanalyze a situation. On the other hand, we don’t get mad often and if we do it’s at ourselves, we hardly ever take our anger out on other people instead we blame ourselves. We tend to seek validation out of insecurity rather than admiration. Moreover, we have huge hearts, thus we have a very caring nature and when it comes to making difficult decisions we will usually think of our hearts instead of our heads.

Another common trope about Pisces is their intuition, and yes the rumors are true we just have a knack for knowing what’s going to happen. We just sense something before others, which tends to shock people at times. We are very insightful and creative and our differing opinions can tend to inspire others to embrace their own potential. We hate asking people for help, so inherently that makes us extremely independent but we wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Pisces are very smart, which surprises a lot of people because they tend to dumb themselves down around people or just pretend they don’t know anything. Our minds and the way we think can shock people at times. I’m no Albert Einstein, even though he himself was, in fact, a Pisces.

Ultimately, Pisces are some of the best friends and partners you can have in your life because they are natural caretakers and are always wanting to grow and become better versions of themselves. 

Thanks for reading, V

Hi, I'm Vanesa! I am currently a Communication major at Illinois State University. I'm so thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus team because writing has always been a huge passion for me and now I have an opportunity to showcase that and grow as a writer. Besides writing, I love horror movies, dramatic tv shows, and iced coffee. I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them so stay tuned for more! xoxo, V
Contributor account for Illinois State