This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Online shopping has become the latest and greatest thing for a lot of people. There are many stores that are closing down just because of all the profit made on online sales. I can admit, I am a HUGE online shopper. It’s to the point where I could put it in my resume as a skill of mine. That being said, I of course went online to get a few Winter essentials since Illinois decided to skip Fall all together. The best part though is that I found everything I needed for cheap and all on the same website. Amazon. I have found Amazon to be an essential part of my life and honestly at this point I don’t know what I would do without it. You can find everything on there from electronics, to clothes, to even groceries. It literally has everything anyone would ever need, which is why I went there first to shop for some Winter time essentials. 

The first thing I went searching for was a good pair of boots. I have had the same pair for a few years now and needed a new pair to spice up my wardrobe a bit while keeping my feet nice and toasty throughout the day. At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about getting a pair of boots off of Amazon, but they are now my favorite pair of shoes and they were only $32. The best part is that they are waterproof, which is perfect for Winter around here!

Of course when Winter comes around, everyone will need a good pair of gloves. Most the time I like to think that pockets will do the trick, but it is handy to have a pair if you need to scrape snow off of your car or have to answer the phone while outside. Amazon has many pairs of gloves, but I found a pair for $8.99 that also has touchscreen abilities. Plus, they have many different color options and sizes to choose from.

Along with some gloves, a winter hat would do everyone wonders. I personally love beanies. They can be worn on a bad hair day, to spice up an outfit, or when it is freezing out and you want to cover up your ears. Amazon has a variety of beanies, but my absolute favorite is a Carhartt beanie. They have so many different colors and styles to choose from and each one is only $14.99. That is a steal for a hat that can be worn all the time. 

When thinking about Winter time, I never forget two other essentials that aren’t staple clothing items. Chapstick and lotion. My absolute favorite brand and go to is Burt’s Bees. And you guessed it, Amazon has it. It may not be the cheapest option out there, but both products to WONDERS for my dry lips and dry skin. Plus, they use all natural ingredients for anyone looking for natural products. You are able to get a pack of 4 tubes of chapstick for only $7, which I think is a steal for a product that always does wonders. There are also multiple types of lotions they sell. I always get both a body lotion and a hand lotion. My favorites are Burt’s Bees Milk and Honey Body lotion which you can get for $8.75 and Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream for $9.95. Both of these products last me through Winter and always leave my hands and lips soft and smooth.

When online shopping, it can be hard to find exactly what you want. Along with that it is hard to know that the product you are getting is 100% a good product and not some scam. I always suggest looking at the reviews before purchasing the products. All these products above, I have thoroughly checked the reviews and all of them turned out great! These Winter essentials have really come in handy so far, and it was all done without breaking the bank. 

Chloe Lindbom

Illinois State '21

Hey guys! I'm Chloe a Senior here at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Public Relations and looking forward to my future career. Until then I plan to keep drinking iced coffee, keeping up with all the latest reality shows, and writing articles for Her Campus. I can't wait to share my writing and part of my life with y'all. If you want even more of me in your life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Twitter - @ChloDae Instagram - @Chlo.Dae
Contributor account for Illinois State