Channing Tatum: Soon-To-Be Dad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We all know him as Magic Mike, People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive, and now… a soon-to-be-daddy! Yes that’s right, Channing Tatum and wife of almost four years, Jenna Dewan Tatum, are expecting a baby in summer, 2013.

The two met in 2006 on the set of Step Up, and have been inseparable ever since. Many have called them one of the sexiest couples so we can just imagine what their child will look like! A few things came to mind when I found out the news: first, this kid could potentially have some really cool friends (Kimye, Blue Ivy & the Royal Baby) and second, there will definitely be some awkward conversation with mom and dad about who Magic Mike is…

Out of all the roles Channing has played: undercover cop, stripper, soldier, struggling dancer, the dad role will be a new one for sure. According to an article on HuffingtonPost.com, Channing said, “Being a dad will be the biggest role of my life. I hope I don’t screw that one up.” Don’t worry Channing, we believe in you! 

Since the news of the baby, the couple seems to be thrilled, and of course Jenna is showing off her new bump! In his Huffington Post interview, Channing said Jenna is taking pregnancy very well, eating right and exercising. The pair seems very excited to be parents and they say they can’t wait to start a family. This being such a popular time for baby news I’m sure everyone can’t wait to see their new bundle of joy!

Falynn Lannert

Illinois State

Megan Lawler

Illinois State