Catwalk to ISU’s campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Now that we are back at school and making our daily walks to the quad for class, everyone wants to look their best. So what’s hot this semester? Here are some pre-fall fashions that will make you stand out!

Bold bottoms

Bright colored pants have been a hit this past summer, and continue to sell like crazy. They can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the top you pair with them. Popular stores such as Forever 21, H&M, Gap, and Target all sell jeans, capris, and khakis in multiple colors for a very reasonable price.

Cardigans
Who doesn’t love a great cardigan? Having a cardigan handy not only completes a look, but it is there for you when they crank the air in the State Farm Hall of Business. Cardigans come in many styles from full sleeve to quarter sleeve, and scoop necks to v-necks. They are also an item that can be worn with almost anything, which means you can get a lot of use out of them!

Blazers
A blazer can instantly add an edge to almost any outfit, and it’s a great alternative to a cardigan. It can also make you appear to be more businesslike and professional, which is always a good thing! The other great thing about blazers is that they can be paired with practically anything; jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses, and more. Trust me; you won’t regret investing in a good quality blazer this semester.

Patterned scarves
Unlike before, scarves are used for more than just warmth these days. They are simply considered an accessory now. There are so many scarves to choose from; fringed, crocheted, tassel edge, infinity, and more. Scarves can be bought at an extremely low price, which is great when you are a broke college student.

Crossbody bags
Whether you’re meeting the girls for lunch at McCallisters or getting a drink downtown, crossbody bags are the way to go. Stop lugging all the extra crap around in oversized bags that just end up hurting your shoulder! Crossbody bags are the perfect size for the necessities; wallet, phone, keys, and some lip gloss. Plus, they are becoming extremely popular and come in a variety of colors and patterns which work whether you are going casual or chic.

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.