Birchbox Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Birchbox is a unique monthly subscription where you get a box sent to your home once a month that includes various samples of high-end beauty products. They’ve been known to send things such as nail polishes, shampoo and conditioner, makeup products, hair products, fragrances and more! Birchbox allows you to customize a profile to help the company select samples based on your personal beauty preferences. You can fill out things such as skin color, hair color, hair texture/type, fashion style, what you want more of, what you want less of, etc.

I have always been interested in Birchbox, but didn’t want to purchase it due to my low college student budget. After saving a few paychecks, I decided to indulge. Birchbox is definitely worth the money and I will stay a subscriber for as long as my paycheck agrees! I was pleasantly satisfied with the majority of the products I received. Here is what was in my January Birchbox.

Beauty Protector and Detangler-$21.95

This product acts as a heat protector and a conditioning detangler. Honestly, after ONE use, I was hooked. It made my hair feel incredibly soft and the smell is great. 

Whish Body Butter $24

I received this sample in the pomegranate scent. This body butter is made with tons of organic ingredients which might be appealing if you don’t like harsh ingredients sometimes found in lotion on your skin! It smelled amazing, and my only complaint would be the size of the sample. After two uses (I put it all over my arms and legs) it was nearly empty. 

Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish $10

While it’s a cool concept, it is just a glitter top coat. If I had received this sample in the spring or summer, I might have a different opinion on the product. I’ve been spending the majority of my time inside because of this horrible winter, and I wish Birchbox would have released this product at a different time. 

Reviver Dry Deodorant wipes $17.99 for a six pack

This is the PERFECT product for anyone who fits going to the gym in their busy schedule. With my busy schedule, the most convenient time to go to the gym is before or after class, but I HATE sitting in class feeling sweaty post-workout. These wipes are made to wipe on your body or on your clothes and the odor is gone!

If you’re interested in getting a Birchbox subscription, click my invite link!

https://www.birchbox.com/invite/xlsfv