This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Finding the perfect mascara can be the most stressful thing. You have to make sure it is not clumpy, but can make your lashes long. Also most people think that buying expensive mascara will make your lashes look better. That’s not always true because there are many drugstore mascaras that can make your lashes look perfect!

1. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

This mascara is perfect to help make your lashes look long and it’s only $9.99! How much better can that get? Also, it doesn’t smudge and this mascara will make your lashes look nice all day! Another pro is that it adds volume to your lashes, and it is hard to find mascara that adds volume.

Via: pinterest

2.  Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara     

If you want a mascara that has a fan effect on your lashes, this one is perfect for you. This mascara is only $6.99 and it is also waterproof which works wonders in the summer when you want to wear mascara while going to the pool. The wand on this mascara is really nice too. The wand is really small and skinny, which helps define your lashes.

Via: pinterest

3. Elf Volumizing Mascara

Everyone should own this mascara because it is only $2.00 and it is a great mascara to use! This mascara is good for a everyday use and it gives you a more natural look. If you don’t want really long lashes but still want something on your lashes, this is perfect for that. Another pro is that this mascara is cruelty-free which is great!

Via: pinterest

4. Maybelline Great Lash Lots Of Lashes Mascara

The great thing about this mascara is the brush. The brush gets all the little eyelashes that you can’t reach and doesn’t clump up. This mascara is $5.99 and you can pick what color mascara you want. It also separates the lashes so they’re not all clumped together.

Via: pinterest

5. No7 Extreme Length Sensitive Mascara

This mascara is great if you have sensitive skin and certain mascara makes your eyes irritated. This is a very gentle mascara and its $8.99. It is not very clumpy and doesn’t harden when you put it on, so it is easy to get off at the end of the day!

Via: pinterest

There are so many kinds of mascara that are perfect for you. You don’t have to go out and buy $20-$30 mascara when there are so many cheap mascaras that do the exact same thing. It is good that there are many different types of mascara like cruelty free, sensitive, and even waterproof and they are all fairly priced. I hope this list helps you find some good cheap mascara!

live.laugh.love

Kai Johnson

Kai Johnson

Illinois State '22

Hey I'm Kai and I go to Illinois State University! I'm a freshman and a Marketing major. I love writing articles for HerCampus and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them! Instagram: @kai.johnson1
Contributor account for Illinois State