Style > Fashion

A Guide to Plus Size Friendly Brands & Retailers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As a plus-size woman, I’ve always struggled to find brands and retailers who are inclusive of plus-size bodies while still being fashionable and trendy. I struggled with wanting to dress cute like my friends, but not being able to find clothes like theirs, or any that flattered my body type. Over the years, I’ve been able to figure out which brands work for me and which brands do not. There has definitely been more of an inclusive trend over the years, which has worked in my favor! I’m going to share with you my favorite brands and retailers that are plus-size friendly.

Shein

Shein is one of my go-to’s for teacher clothes! It is a great online (CHEAP!!!) platform that has a whole section full of plus-size clothes. When I say a whole section, I mean a plethora. It has tons of options for any occasion. I was able to get clothes for student teaching, family pictures and going out with my friends!

AMazon

I mean, Amazon has everything, right? I feel like Amazon can be hit or miss sometimes, but once you find brands that you love and work for you, you’re set! I’ve seen a lot of TikToks with things women have gotten off of Amazon that I absolutely love.

Old Navy

Old Navy recently launched their BodEquality campaign. With this campaign, they included up to size 28 in pants and 4X in tops in stores. There are even more sizes online! I feel like a lot of people take this store for granted. Their clearance section is always filled with cheap and fashionable items.

Fabletics

You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find activewear that is suited for plus-size bodies. Which is why I love Fabletics! Their sleek designs ensure that athleticism isn’t defined by size.

ASOS

ASOS is a really great online platform that is filled with plus-size options. There are a lot of trendy and affordable options for everyone!

Shopping when you are plus-size can be discouraging and hard. Trust me, I know the struggle. It took me a long time to figure out which brands worked and which brands did not work for me. There are a lot more brands and retailers out there who do a great job being inclusive, as well. My advice would be to keep pushing yourself to try new things and new brands. Find your niche and your style. I hope this guide helps you!

HCXO,

Alyssa

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1