5 Things Fans Want From The Teen Wolf Revival Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

I’m not scared to admit that, to this day, when the weather turns cold, I immediately slip on my Beacon Hills lacrosse sweatshirt. On a cool October day, all I want to do is curl up in bed with a cup of tea and re-watch Teen Wolf MTV’s popular series about high-schooler turned werewolf Scott McCall. 

Ever since the iconic series ended in 2017, fans have been begging for some sort of reunion of all their favorite characters. The cast celebrated the nine-year anniversary show in 2020 by having a joint video call in which they reminisced about their time in the series. Dylan O’Brien even wore the shirt that his character Stiles Stilinski wears in the pilot episode, declaring that his love for the show will last forever. 

Well, creator Jeff Davis and MTV just announced what fans have been anticipating since the final episode: a Teen Wolf movie. With original cast members like Tyler Posey set to return, the film is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022, after all 100 episodes of the show are uploaded to the platform at the end of this year. 

As a fan of the series myself, I’ve thought long and hard about where my favorite pack members ended up. Are Stiles and Lydia together? Is Scott fighting more evil supernatural creatures? And are the characters still friends? With that said, here are a few things that fans hope to see from the revival film. 

1. An update on #Stydia

Stiles Stilinski and Lydia Martin are such an iconic couple. Their will-they-won’t-they relationship starts in season one when we find out Stiles has been crushing on pretty Lydia Martin since grade school. Lydia realizes her true feelings for Stiles at the end of the show, but we never get a solid confirmation of if their relationship lasts at all. Fans have always theorized about where the two end up after leaving Beacon Hills, so hopefully, the film answers these questions right away. 

1. Appearances from side characters

After the third season, Issac moves away from Beacon Hills with Chris Argent to spend time in Paris. We see Chris come back as a recurring character throughout the remaining seasons, but we never get much information on what Isaac is up to. Is he hanging out with Ethan and Jackson in Europe? Is he in a new pack in Paris? Fans want to get an update on characters like Isaac in the upcoming film. 

1. A reference to Allison Argent

Spoiler alert if you haven’t watched the show, but viewers were devastated when actress Crystal Reed decided to depart from the series, resulting in the death of her character. The show often referenced Allison and her importance to the group of friends, which is why it would be a shame if the writers left out a form of acknowledgment to Allison. 

1. More screen time for Arden Cho

Arden Cho played the lovable and intelligent Kira Yukimura, a kitsune who develops a relationship with Scott and sadly leaves Beacon Hills to gain control of her newfound supernatural abilities. In the cast reunion in 2020, Cho expressed a desire to get a bigger picture of Kira’s life, as the character had much more potential than what was shown on screen. 

1. Lots and lots of Coach Finstock

Most “Teen Wolf” fans absolutely adore Orny Adams as the lacrosse coach and economics teacher in Beacon Hills. He has some of the most hilarious one-liners of the snow, and his banter back and forth with Stiles often provided comedic relief during dramatic episodes. Fans have often wondered if Coach was aware of all of the mysterious adventures his students embarked on, and a “Teen Wolf” story would simply be incomplete without him yelling at his students, especially Greenberg. 

Luckily, all of the questions that fans have will be solved next year, just shortly after the tenth anniversary of the show, and it will be interesting to see what theories prove to be true in the “Teen Wolf” universe. 

Caitlin Eichhorn

Illinois State '23

Caitlin is a senior at Illinois State University studying Public Relations and Spanish. She is a member of Theta Beta chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma and loves being a writer for Her Campus. When she's not studying or writing her novel, she is watching 80s films or hockey highlights.