This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Tis the year that you gain 10 pounds in one sitting from eating all the food. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I couldn’t be more excited to not only be with family, but to eat my favorite foods. Here’s a list of the 5 best thanksgiving foods! 

1. Turkey 

Obviously this one is a given. Some people don’t like turkey, but I absolutely love it. White or dark meat, throw it on my plate! I love my turkey with gravy and ugh it’s so good. This holiday season you must have a turkey, preferably butterball.. that’s what I like but you can eat whatever kind you want. Gobble Gobble! 

2. Stuffing 

Almost everyone I know has stuffing on Thanksgiving. I know at my house we have 2 kinds, one that my grandma makes and then one that you stuff in the turkey. I like both, and honestly love stuffing. I feel like this is just a tradition that most people have, so enjoy the stuffing this Thanksgiving! 

3. Green Bean Casserole 

I don’t know if everyone has heard of this, but my mom makes it every year around the holidays, it is so good! You have green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. It sounds gross by the ingredients, but I promise it’s so good and you will want to add it your recipe list. 

4. Mashed Potatoes and Gravy 

Who doesn’t love potatoes? I know I do! Potatoes goes with every meal but I especially like it on Thanksgiving with homemade gravy with corn on the side. I might be weird, but I mix my potato’s and corn together. Try it, it’s good. 

5. Pumpkin Pie 

I don’t think I would ever forget the legendary pumpkin pie, what is Thanksgiving dinner without having pumpkin pie for desert? I love pumpkin pie but only with a lot of cool-whip! Especially warmed up in the microwave and it just melts in your mouth! Now I’m making myself hungry.. LOL. 

Enjoy Thanksgiving, whether it’s spending time with family or eating good food. Maybe try some new foods this year. Also it’s that time of year when the holidays hit, so you eat more but don’t worry you can lose it after the holidays are over! Have a good Thanksgiving. 

Lots of love, Lacey

Lacey Frisch

Illinois State '22

Hi my name is Lacey! I am a freshman at ISU and I am majoring in Biology. I would like to become a pediatric physician assistant in the future! I love to sing, hang out with family/friends and binge watch Netflix! I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy! Be sure to follow me on social media and her campus as well!! Follow my social media: Insta: laceyyy26 Twitter: laceyyy26 Facebook: Lacey Frisch
Contributor account for Illinois State