5 Affordable Valentine’s Day Gifts For Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With Valentine’s Day this weekend everyone is stressing on what to get their boyfriends. Girls are so much easier to shop for, buy us chocolates and flowers and we’ll be happy! But we all know boys are tough to shop for, so here are some thoughtful, AFFORDABLE, cute ideas for what to get your boyfriend this Valentine’s Day.

Date Night: Instead of celebrating the Hallmark holiday by making him take you out to some fancy restaurant, pick up something from the grocery store and cook at home instead. He will love that you are cooking for him and it shows him that you don’t need some $50 dinner to show you care about each other.

Boys love Beer: Buy him a case of his favorite beer this Valentine’s Day. You can’t go wrong with that and realistically, it’s on a Friday which means he was going to buy it anyway. I look at it as you’re looking like a great girlfriend AND doing him a favor.

Coffee: Most boys that I know like a nice, hot cup of coffee in the morning. With Starbucks “Create-Your-Own” mug you can leave your boyfriend cute good morning messages or in this case, a Happy Valentine’s Day message.

Treat Him: It’s Valentine’s Day so why not make him his favorite desert? Red Velvet cupcakes are perfect for the holiday and if he’s a good boyfriend, he is going to share them with you (so in the end you both win!) How sweet is that?

Lingerie: Last but not least, buy yourself some red or pink lingerie, wrap it up and give it to him before dinner. That way he has something to look forward to and he will be thinking about it all night! And in the end it’s technically a gift for both of you. 

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State