This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Happy April! A new month means a lot. It could mean new opportunities, the weather could be getting warmer or, in this case, new movies are being released. April is about to give us viewers some of the most anticipated movies of the year so far. So, without further ado, here are the top 3 most anticipated movies for April 2019. 

1) Shazam 

Shazam is about Billy Batson, a 14-year-old boy, who throughout the movie discovers that by saying one word he can turn himself into a superhero. Obviously while still being a kid at heart, Shazam plays around with his new abilities while also preparing to face evil Dr. Thaddeus. Actors Asher Angel and Zachary Levi bring this DC superhero to life starting on April 5th. 

2) Pet Sematary 

Pet Sematary is about a family who moves to Boston and discovers a strange burial ground hidden deep in the forest near their house. After an accident involving their daughter, a horrific chain of events starts to unfold. This horror thriller is set to release also on April 5th. 

3) Avengers: Endgame 

Probably the most anticipated movie since April 2018, Avengers: Endgame follows the events of Infinity War. After Thanos has wiped out half of Earth’s population, the remaining Avengers including Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, and Bruce Banner must come together to find a way to defeat Thanos. This movie has a runtime of 3 hours and 2 minutes and is scheduled to hit theaters April 26th. 

Besides these, many more movies are scheduled to come out during April of 2019. I don’t know about you guys but I will FOR SURE be buying my tickets in advance for all these movies.

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
Contributor account for Illinois State