If you’ve ever thought about getting a tattoo but have been too nervous to go through with it, the best way to start is with something small, even if part of you wants to dive right into a bigger piece.
Large pieces cost more money, require you to sit through several sessions in some cases, and are a much bigger commitment in pretty much every way. Also, if you don’t know what to expect, the experience will seem much more daunting.
Minimalist tattoos, on the other hand, give you a chance to express yourself with far less chance of regret. They’re cute, they’re dainty and they’re easy to cover up if needed.
Whether you’re a tattoo junkie who’s dying to get her next tattoo or a tattoo newbie who’s never seriously considered getting inked, chances are there’s a tattoo out there for you.
Here are 16 minimalist tattoos for every girl, so small even your mom won’t hate it:
1. This subtle reminder to believe in something
2. This note for the music lover
3. This tiny arrow
4. This tasteful ankle band
5. This tiny reminder to live free
6. This barely noticeable infinity symbol
7. Another gorgeous note for the music lover
8. This compass for the directionally challenged
9. This cross for girls who want to commemorate their faith
10. This adorable tattoo for cat lovers
11. And one for the dog lovers
12. This dainty anchor
13. This little tree for nature lovers
14. This cute little bow
15. This teeny little heart
16. And lastly, this adorable baby elephant tattoo for animal lovers
A.K.A. my next tattoo.