10 Reasons Why Chris Soules is Your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Valentine ’s Day is upon us and while most people rejoice at the arrival of this ‘Day of Love’, others are less enthused about the gushes of pink and red that adorn the supermarket aisles. While the heart-shaped chocolate and the ridiculously large teddy bears are great, the main thing us girls look forward to is spending time with our significant other. For all of you ladies who are lacking a ‘man-crush’ this holiday, have no fear. Although you only get to see him Monday nights at seven, Chris Soules will be sure to fit the bill as your perfect Valentine. Here is why:

1.       He always has roses on hand.

2.       He is down to Earth. I mean, his career revolves around harvesting it.

3.       He believes in second chances. This is apparent by having two girls pleading to come back and spend more time with him and him giving them the time they may or may not have deserved.

4.       He takes your best interest to heart. He won’t string you along when he knows something is not right.

5.       He is spontaneous. He will be the first to crash a wedding with you.

6.       He makes the best out of everything. Whether it involves having a date at Cost-Co or being extremely un-comfortable through a “love-guru” meditation. It proves that even if it involves gallons of ketchup and awkward positions…he will stick with you through whatever.

7.       He asks you for your opinion and what your feelings are towards something…like whether he should allow an already sent-home girl back into the mansion. I don’t think there was any hesitation with the girls about how they felt about that…ABSOLUTELY NOT.

8.       He will hold your dress for you during dirty times. Especially if you are trying to finish a mud race in a heavy white wedding dress.

9.       He is not afraid to show his affection. I mean, he was comfortable puckering up the first night in the mansion so you know he will always be down for some PDA.

10.   He is the first to give you a foot rub. Especially after you have fallen off the inter-tube into the freezing-cold rapids. 

Being that Valentines Day falls on a Saturday, save your personally-purchased chocolates and tune in on Monday at 7:00 to see your man-crush. So far he is proving to be Valentine worthy!

Cassie Zimmer

Illinois State

Hi! My name is Cassie Zimmer and I am a writer for HerCampus Illinois State. I am so excited to have just joined an awesome group of ladies to share my love of writing with. I am a fashionista who loves keeping up to date with the latest trends in the fashion industry. I hope to write articles that will be enjoyable for the fans of HerCampus to read and will hopefully take something away from the information I provide.
Contributor account for Illinois State