This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Ask anyone you know, and chances are they will tell you to travel while you are young and able. Not only does traveling make for great pictures and stories, but it is also a chance to find yourself and learn about the world outside of your own bubble. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, and if you have the opportunity to travel, do it! You never know when or if you will ever have the same opportunity. So, for those of you who spend the majority of your time in class daydreaming about tropical vacations and roaring city streets, this article is for you. Here are some of the most beautiful places in the world:

1. Marseille, France

Marseille is a port city located at the southernmost tip of France. It is home to some of the most beautiful French beaches. With a Mediterranean climate of mild winters and hot summers, it is no question that this is the place to be!

2. Rome, Italy

If you’re on a quest to visit a place with a lot of history, Rome is the place for you! Not only is it the capital of Italy, but it is also where you will find the world famous Colosseum, which was built in 70 AD! Also, no trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Trevi Fountain. Remember to bring coins!

3. Exuma, Bahamas

Exuma is a district in the Bahamas that consists of over 365 cays and islands. Believe it or not, Exuma is famous for its swimming pigs. These pigs are said to have been left there by a group of sailors, and as time went on, they reproduced and now they inhabit the island. Who wouldn’t want to travel to a place where pigs swim in the most crystal clear water you’ve ever seen!?

4. The Grand Canyon

Located in Arizona, USA, the Grand Canyon is definitely a site to see. The Grand Canyon is over 200 miles long and about 18 miles wide. The Colorado River flows through it and has water draining from seven different states!

5. The Northern Lights

Although it may be cold, if you’re willing to venture out to see this natural beauty for yourself, it’s definitely going to be worth it. If anything, visiting a place that Thomas Rhett sings about in his song “Die A Happy Man,” is pretty cool.

6. Barcelona, Spain

One of the many things Barcelona is known for is its vibrant architecture, but it doesn’t stop there! Barcelona is a world leader in economy, culture and more.

7. Crete, Greece

Crete is Greece’s largest island and is a desirable destination because of its varied terrain of beaches, mountains, caves and city life! Crete really is the whole package.

8. Niagara Falls

At the Niagra Falls, you are sure to get some breathtaking views! Located on the border of Ontario, Canada, and New York, United States, these majestic waterfalls were formed by the receding of glaciers during the last ice age.

9. Cabo San Lucas

If you’re trying to find a place to go for spring break, it doesn’t get much better than this! Cabo San Lucas is a city in Mexico that is known for it’s luxurious resorts.

10. Maui, Hawaii

Everyone knows that Hawaii is known to have some of the most beautiful scenery. Not only that, but it also has a ton of great tourist activities like hiking and snorkeling, just to name a few! Hawaii is also home to some of the most extraordinary volcanoes.

Alyse Marin

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State