5 Sapphic Tv Show and Film Recommendations for Pride Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Happy pride month to everyone!

In honor of pride month, I wanted to share some of my favorite sapphic tv shows and films.

1) dickinson

“Dickinson”, is about Emily Dickinson, a poet who fell in love with her best friend, Sue, who is supposed to marry Emily’s brother Austen.

It is set in the 19th century, where it wasn’t accepted for a woman to publish her poems nor to be queer. This TV show explores how Emily rebels against these norms and navigate with this irrational world.

Don’t want to spoil too much, but the interaction between Emily and Sue is so cute, and the TV show actually uses Emily Dickinson’s poems in certain scenes, which was very cool!

Trope: Best-friends to lovers

Platform: apple tv+

2) CRUSH

This coming-of-age film is sure to melt your heart. The protagonist joins the high-school track team to get closer to her crush, but will she be able to make her, her girlfriend? Or is she falling for another girl?

What I enjoyed about the film is that it wasn’t solely a coming-out story; it was a cute rom-com with Gen-Z humor. We love to see more of these films!

Platform : Disney+

3) killing eve

Can a murderer fall in love with an FBI agent? Can an FBI agent fall in love with a murderer? Villanelle makes a living by killing people, and she’s being investigated by an FBI agent named Eve. At first, Eve is just doing her job and investigating the murderer like any other case. However, she becomes a bit too obsessed…

Platform: U-Next

4) the 100

If you’re not a fan of romance but still want some sapphic content, this is for you. “The 100” is a science fiction show in which 100 people are sent to Earth to test whether it has become livable after a nuclear apocalypse wiped out the entire civilization. The show features betrayal, surprises, and friendships, offering a unique glimpse into both the dark and hopeful sides of humanity. Watching this show actually got me into sci-fi, so even if you’re not a big fan, give it a try! platform: Netflix

First Kill Platform: Netflix

5) Do Revenge

Another very Gen-Z sapphic film, filled with twists and turns! Starring Maya Hawke, Camila Mendes, Talia Ryder, and so many more talented actors. The color grading of the film and the characters’ outfits are so vibrant and pretty; I would honestly watch the movie just for the fashion. However, the plot is also entertaining. Drea, a Mexican-American high schooler, is obsessed with getting into Yale. But when a video is leaked, her dream of getting into Yale flies away. To get revenge, she teams up with Eleanor, who is also seeking revenge against a different person. The film follows them as they plan and put their revenge into action.

Platform: Netflix

Have a nice pride month everyone!

Ayana Hatanaka

ICU (Japan) '26

Hi! I'm Ayana, currently studying in ICU! I love music and going to concerts!