This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Since I have started to live alone, I’ve been buying Muji foods because it is delicious. I buy them especially during my exam week since they are easy to prepare, as most of them only need to be heated. Here are my top favorite Muji foods.

Fresh Pasta – Fettuccine  

If you love the chewy texture of ‘fresh pasta,’ you will definitely love this. The quality of this ‘fresh pasta,’ is very high, making you feel as if you’re eating in an Italian restaurant. And the best part is that you can add your favorite pasta sauce, which always turns out to be delicious. So whenever I have Muji’s fresh pasta on my shelf, I wake up with the best feeling thinking of which pasta sauce I’ll try that day. That is the best moment of my entire day!

Butter Chicken Curry

One of the most popular foods in the Muji series is its curry. They have plenty of different kinds of curries, so it may be fun for you to go and take a look at them. My favorite is the butter chicken curry because it has just the right amount of spice and sweetness in it. I often eat this during my exam weeks since it’s easy to prepare. I only need to heat up the curry and frozen rice in the microwave. 

Cooked Rice Flavoring – Kashiwa-meshi 

Have you ever felt bored of the taste of white rice and want to try something new? This product will introduce you to the fascinating world of cooked rice. This ‘Kashiwa-meshi’ is one of the local dishes of Kita-Kyushu, and to make this, you only have to put the cooked rice flavoring and rice into the rice cooker. Once you eat this, you would definitely love it and maybe even would want to try different types of cooked rice. Sadly, in the Muji foods line, Kashiwa-meshi is the only available type and flavor of cooked rice. So I started creating my own cooked rice recipe using different ingredients!

I am still in my journey of trying out many different Muji foods. Recently, I also found out that the snacks were delicious there. My favorite, as for now, is the tea-flavored Boule de Neige. It has an elegant taste, with the right amount of sweetness, that makes you addicted to it. I hope you liked my recommendations and here is the website where you can look into the various food Muji offers!

Yuno Yamamoto

ICU (Japan) '24

Currently studying at ICU. Enjoys reading, watching films/TV series on NETFLIX, listening to music, and drawing. Also enjoys going to art museums and collecting picture frames.