This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

A month has already passed since 2022 started, and there is something new that I began to do this year that I think is really exciting and I want to recommend it. 

It is a habit to write down anything that made you happy on a piece of paper anytime and keep them until the last day of this year, which would be 31 Dec 2022. You should fold the paper and put it in a bag, an envelope, or a pouch. You can write this note whenever you want to and so you never know how many notes you will have. Opening the bag, you would see all the happiness that came to you that year. 

This is actually a habit my ex-tutor told me that she was doing. I think reflecting on your day or week and writing down a thing or more that made you happy is really important. Because if you do not try to make a time to think back at what you did, what you worked hard toward, and what you felt happy about that day or week, you do not really do that. It is almost like writing a diary, but, it is less stressful and you do not have to put effort in as it is not like you must write something down everyday. 

I am already excited for opening the pouch in which I have kept the notes in! So far, I only have three notes sadly but I hope there will be a lot of notes at the end of the year. 

It is still not too late to start this habit this year. I hope many of you would try it and spend a year a bit different from last year!

Chihiro Nakajima

ICU (Japan) '25

Hi! I'm Chihiro and I'm currently studying at International Christian University. I'm passionate about movies, songs, and taking photos!