This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

1. Switch Up Study Spaces.

Being stuck in the library for hours on end will only make you stir crazy and by the end of reading days you’ll be sick and tired of going there. Try new places like the pub, outside at the cafe, or a classroom in one of your favorite buildings!

2. Plan Some Down Time.

Taking a mini break is actually extremely valuable for increasing the quality of your study time. Just a short break will help to decrease stress, increase energy and give you some new perspectives. Take a walk by the lake or play frisbee on the Quad! It’ll make you feel so much better in the long run.

3. 7-8 Hours of Sleep!

Studies have shown that people function at their best with at least 7-8 hours of sleep. This means you will be fully rested to take on the day and won’t feel so groggy. Also, people who don’t get enough sleep will not perform as well on difficult mental tasks as do people who get closer to 7 hours of sleep a night.

4. Balanced Meals.

During finals, everyone’s meal schedule is totally thrown off. It is common to not eat anything the whole day and then have something super sweet with a large coffee. When you do this, your body will crash from all of the sugar and caffeine and you will feel way worse than you did before. Planning to get in a satisfying and balanced meal will give you the energy you need to get through the day. 

5. Stay Hydrated!

Studying non-stop for hours can make you forget to drink water. Water will keep you hydrated and help you stay focused while you study! There’s also nothing worse than feeling dehydrated at the end of the day and completely exhausted. Studies show that people on average are supposed to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day, so drink up!