Campus Cutie: Paul Cotnam ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This handsome Campus Cutie has some interesting hidden talents and a lot of favorite TV shows. Meet Paul Cotnam!

The Basics:

Class Year: 2017

Major: History

Minor: Law & Society

Hometown: Acton, MA

Activities: Rowing

Interested In: Women

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Describe yourself in three words: Dynamo, Electric, and Showstopper

Best Feature: Definitely my butt

Celebrity Crush: Chad Michael Murray, Nick Jonas, Zac Efron, Ed Westwick, Blake Lively, and basically the whole cast of Gossip Girl.

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: Specifically the Friendly’s in Geneva, NY

Food: Lasagna

Movie: The Notebook

TV Show: The Bachelor, Friday Night Lights, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and The OC

Song: “It’s Gonna Be Me” by NSYNC

Place at HWS: Saga

Place in Geneva: Byrne Dairy

Class at HWS: Introduction to Acting

HC: How do you feel about being Campus Cutie?

PC: Well considering I asked to be one I’m not really surprised. I’ve been told I’m pretty persuasive.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

PC: Someone who makes me smile every time I see them. And someone I can call my best friend.

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect date in Geneva?

PC: A simple dinner at Port’s and then back to campus to cap it off with a nice Rom-Com. Preferably a Ryan Gosling feature for some eye candy for both of us.

HC: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

PC: We went to see Les Mis and I fell asleep three times and when I woke up I asked what day it was and why they were speaking French…she just got up and left. I drove her there so I don’t even know how she got home so overall this turned out to be a safety issue.

HC: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?

PC: I can hold my breath for 93 seconds. I can do great impersonations. I also take more selfies than my girlfriend.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

PC: At a settled job with a wife and kids in or around my hometown.

HC: Who is your role model? Why?

PC: My mom, I’ve always admired the way she can talk to anyone no matter who they are or how long she has known them. She’s just a beautiful person. She also runs marathons and that’s something I could never do.

HC: Do you have any summer plans?

PC: I’m an athletic director at a camp but I will still make time to catch some rays with my friends.

HC: What do you want to accomplish by the time you graduate?

PC: I want to make it on TWIP and get at least 100 likes on an Instagram. Follow me @paulsohard17

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

PC: Just being a lovable guy and known on the weekends as Bill Simmons.