This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Name: Matthew Nardone

Year: 2021

Major: Biochemistry and Music

Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Favorite…

Place on Campus: The Gearan Center!

Place in Geneva: Frybird

Movie/TV Show: New Girl

Food: Basically everything​

​ 

JN: What quote do you live by and why? 

MN: “True understanding is, I realise, not possible for you but much can be gained by your effort to comprehend.” I love this quote because it addresses the fact that we may never truly understand something or somebody, but we should nevertheless try to the best of our ability. We all should work on that more.  

JN: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years? 

MN: I am not 100% sure, as I constantly re-evaluate the direction of my life and whether it is enabling me to live honestly and happily. All I can say is that I see myself living a life that is content and fulfilling.

JN: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? 

MN: I always see this question and never know what to say. In this moment, though, Amy Winehouse comes to mind.

JN: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? 

MN: Anywhere by a body of water.

JN: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

MN: I was a really serious musician back in high school. I was in marching band from 8th to 12th grade and was a part of the pit orchestra, concert and jazz bands as well. I took piano and saxophone privately and was an alternate for all-state band. I also sang in chorus in school and an all male barbershop chorus.

JN: What’s an embarrassing story you’re willing to share? ​

MN: I was really bad at marching band during my first year (it’s a lot more difficult than you would think, just saying.) I had an issue of keeping myself equidistant in between two junior girls, where I would get close to one and then I would get closer to the other. My director called me out on it in front of the whole band and somehow the nickname “Ladykiller” stuck for the rest of my marching band career.

JN: you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

MN: I feel flattered. I don’t usually put myself out on a larger platform like this.

JN: What would you like to be remembered for? 

MN: I’d like to be remembered for being my own person.

Julia is a biochemistry major on the pre-med track. She aspires to be an OB/GYN and is focused on writing blogs about women's health. When not writing, Julia is also a member of Koshare Dance Collective.