This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Name: Maddie Filkorn

Year: Junior

Major: Chemistry

Hometown: Cazenovia, NY

Campus Involvement: Pelkey Research Group, HWS Alpine Team, Chemistry Teaching Fellows

Relationship Status: Recently single

Interested in: Men

Celebrity Crush: Chris Pine

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Honest, Driven, Easy-going

Favorite…

Place on Campus: The docks

Place in Geneva: Ports Café

Place to shop: J Crew

Movie/TV Show: Game of Thrones

Food: Chicken

Class: Biochemistry 

JN: What quote do you live by and why?

MF: “This too shall pass” and “Everything happens for a reason” are two quotes that I live by. No matter what you’re going through, it is important to remember that eventually everything will work itself out. There will be good and not-so-good times, but that is what makes life, life. Always appreciate where you have been, where you are, and where you’re going.

JN: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

MF: I like to think that I will accomplish my goal of becoming a doctor, specifically an anesthesiologist. Knowing that I work so hard towards this goal every day only continues to motivate me. On a more personal level, I see myself getting married and planning for kids. 

JN: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

MF: I could see myself wanting to spend the day with the first human on Earth just out of curiosity. 

JN: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

MF: The most realistic place I could see myself living is somewhere on the east coast of the U.S or San Francisco, CA. But, it would also be cool to live part-time in Switzerland. 

JN: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

MF: I play the violin, and less than twelve hours before graduating high school, I performed at Carnegie Hall with my best friend. It was the most surreal experience.

JN: What’s an embarrassing story you’re willing to share?

MF: Freshman year at HWS, I fell down the stairs by the library entrance in front of a large tour group.

JN: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

MF: Pretty good! I love when people lift each other up. 

JN: What would you like to be remembered for?

MF: I would like to be remebered for doing my hair/makeup even for my 8:00 am classes, for trying to make people laugh, and for always working towards my ultimate goals.

Julia is a biochemistry major on the pre-med track. She aspires to be an OB/GYN and is focused on writing blogs about women's health. When not writing, Julia is also a member of Koshare Dance Collective.