This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This hilarious and outgoing sophomore has many great stories to tell and talents to share. Meet Jake Sawyer ’18, one of this week’s Campus Cuties!

The Basics

Name: Jake Sawyer

Year: 2018

Major: Media & Society

Hometown: Denver, CO

Activities: Lacrosse, Ping-pong, Kendama (next level ball in cup game), watching movies, hanging with my friends

Interested In: Women

Relationship Status: Single

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Brilliant, Impeccable, and Modest 

Celebrity Crush: Man crush: Louis CK. Lady crush: Emma Stone

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: The Flounge

Place on Campus: The 3rd Tier

Place in Geneva: Joe’s Hots

Type of Food: Veal Bratwurst

Accessory: Pinky toe ring

TV Show: Sherlock

Movie: Lord of The Rings

Favorite Class at HWS: Shakespeare On Screen with Rob Carson

Band: Led Zeppelin

HC: How do you feeling about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

JS: I am very flattered, as well as excited, though a little nervous, but lucky I get to be interviewed!

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

JS: Lets see… I like a girl who can make me laugh, and is not afraid to try new things. She has to be very adventurous, and of course beautiful in all the right ways.

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date in Geneva, New York?

JS: Suppose the world was going to end tomorrow. I would tell the girl to make a list of everything she would do if tonight was the last night on earth and she was spending it with me. I would then make my own list, and we would compare notes. We would start out the night cruising around Geneva, and throughout the night would knock out as much as we possibly could on the list. Naturally, the last thing on the list would be to kiss her on the dock underneath the moonlight.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?

JS: Well I’m really freaky filthy at Ping-Pong and Mario Kart. I rap as well in some of my free time: my stage name is White Lighting.

HC: What is something that most people do not know about you?

JS: I play the piano and sing. Surprise!

HC: Who is your role model?

JS: Riley McTague.

HC: Do you have a motto you live by?

JS: You can sleep when you’re dead; we’re going on an adventure.

HC: What was your worst date?

JS: I took a girl on a first date to Six Flags during my freshmen year of high school. I was munching on some cotton candy, winning her some prizes, everything was going pretty smooth…until we hopped on this roller coaster and I realized I had a little too much cotton candy. Right before the ride started moving I threw up right on her lap, but it was too late for her to get off. She was not pleased, but the ride started to move and I still wasn’t feeling so hot. Once the first drop happened, I started throwing up everywhere. It was bad, it started getting on the people behind us, more on her, but I did not get one drop of it on me. Needless to say I didn’t see her after that date.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

JS: In the mirror…but in all seriousness I am hoping to be a freelance filmmaker.  

HC: What’s your most embarrassing moment?

JS: Freshmen year of high school I was in the choir and I got a solo. I had it all down, I was practicing everyday and I was set to go. Once I got in front of about 900 people I forgot all of the words. It was only a 15 second solo, but that was definitely the longest 15 seconds of my life. All I could do was hum the rhythm to the song. Some kids in my class recorded me and put it on YouTube for a while, it was a big hit.

HC: If you could be anyone in the world for a day, living or dead, who would it be?

JS: Definitely Batman.

HC: What’s your favorite part of HWS?

JS: I really like how friendly people are, and the foods not bad either. The schools fun, and the sports are tight.

Haleigh is a sophomore at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS), where she is pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Media and Society with a minor in Writing and Rhetoric. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, Haleigh is an avid skier, competing at nationals in Oregon and helping the Hobart and William Smith ski team to a spot in the top ten across the entire nation. She is also an active member of the William Smith Club Soccer Team as well as the Women’s Collective Club. Haleigh is obsessed with the TV show "30 Rock" and wants to be just like Tina Fey. Hence, she aspires to eventually be a comedy sketch writer for shows such as Saturday Night Live.