Campus Cutie: Dan Klementowski ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This puppy-loving sophomore is known on campus for being an upbeat and friendly guy. Read about his most awkward date ever and what big plans he has for the future!  Meet one of this week’s Campus Cuties, Dan Klementowski ’17!

The Basics:

Name: Dan Klementowski

Class Year: 2017

Major: Political Science

Minor: Public Policy

Hometown: Amherst, NY

Activities: Hobart Cross Country Team, Kappa Alpha Fraternity, HWS String Ensemble   

Interested In: Women

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: Friendly, Loyal and Easy-going

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Swift

“Favorites”:

Place to Party: Saga      

Food: Enchiladas

Movie: Miracle

TV Show: House of Cards

Song: Courtesy of the Red White and Blue, Toby Keith

Place in Geneva: Anywhere by the lake

Class at HWS: Our National Parks

Cologne: BVLGARI

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

DK: I’m truly honored and flattered. It’s been something I’ve been working toward as soon as I heard Her Campus was being started on campus. I would like to take this time to thank my friends and family, my various coaches and professors that have helped me along the way. You are the real Campus Cuties!

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

DK: I need a girl who is able to be in a good mood most the time, and see the best out of situations. She has to be outgoing and well put together. I want a girl who I’m able to be myself around, and have fun spending time with. But most importantly she has to be a dog person. Cats aren’t chill.

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect date in Geneva?

DK: Probably dinner at a nice restaurant and then spending some time out on the lake.

HC: What is the worst date you’ve been on?

DK: I went on a blind date in high school with a girl who was Spanish, but nobody told me she didn’t speak much English at all. We just nodded and pretended we understood each other the whole time. Needless to say it was a pretty quiet date.

HC: What are you involved in on campus and what are you most proud of?

DK: This fall I became a member of Kappa Alpha Fraternity. It’s a great group of guys that I’m proud to associate myself with.

HC: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?

DK: Most people don’t believe me when I tell them that I’ve been playing the viola since I was six. I also really like dogs, I want to be a Labrador breeder in my spare time when I retire.

HC: Who is your role model? Why?

DK: I have many role models, but one of my biggest is my older brother Steve. Steve is always there to help me out, and has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. He’s always been someone to go to for advice or to talk to about anything.

HC: Do you have any summer plans?

DK: I will be working as a landscaper during the first half of the summer and during the second half, I will be working as a Kindergarten Counselor at a day camp in Buffalo.

HC: What do you want to accomplish by the time you graduate?

DK: I want to graduate with a degree and get into a good law school. I also want to leave a positive impact on Hobart, and the various people I meet along the way.   

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

DK: I hope to have a job as a lawyer in Charleston, South Carolina because I hate the cold. I also need to have a yellow lab!

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

DK: I want to be remembered for being an overall friendly, well put together and levelheaded kid. I also want to be remembered for always being in a good mood and ready to help a friend out.