Campus Celebrity: Greg Hunt ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Meet the creator of Quick STX: HWS junior Greg Hunt! 

Name: Greg Hunt

Class Year: 2017                                                                                                               

Major: English

Minor: Media & Society

Hometown: Piedmont, California

HC: What are you involved in at HWS?

GH: Kappa Alpha Society, Intramural basketball

HC: What is your biggest accomplishment so far? 

GH: Probably starting Quick STX and launching the company. Going from nothing to having the actual product.

HC: What inspired you to start QuickSTX?

GH: I played lacrosse in middle school and high school and was tired of using a rebound wall. I hated having to run after the ball and chase it down after it hit the wall. So, one day, I took a lacrosse ball and duck taped a rubber cord to the head of a lacrosse ball and it revolutionized from there.

HC: What are the biggest challenges you face as Quick STX develops as a brand?

GH: I’d say the three biggest challenges are:

1. Whether or not people are actually going to enjoy the product.

2. The time-frame. I invested a lot of time and money in the product and at some point if it doesn’t succeed on the shelves, the investment will be a loss.

3. Whether or not people will actually catch on to the trend. Sometimes it depends on the people who are buying the product. If they don’t like it, it won’t develop as a larger brand.

HC: What skills have you obtained at HWS that have benefited you in your pursuit to start your own company?

GH: Hobart has definitely helped me improve my entrepreneual skills and people skills. Last year I participated in the New York State business plan competition which was against any college, undergrad or grad student who had an invention or idea. I found out about the opportunity through Hobart and competed at Rochester, won the Rochester competition and then went to Albany for the final and received $500 and the People’s Choice Award.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

GH: In five years I’ll probably be working for myself, hopefully something with Quick STX. Or I’ll possibly be working in M&A in San Francisco or New York City. I really just want the freedom to travel and live an awesome life.

HC: Who inspires you?

GH: My father. He’s my best friend. He tells me when I’m wrong and supports me through everything.

HC: What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?

GH: I hate wearing any other shoes besides flip-flops.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

GH: Perth, Australia (shout out @KNOE_ follow him on Instagram) because who doesn’t like Australia? 

Be sure to keep up on what’s happening with Quick STX! Follow @QuickSTX_lax on Twitter!