Campus Celebrity: Coco Clemens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Conner (Coco) Clemens! Coco is a junior year here at HWS majoring in Environmental Studies and minoring in Media and Society. Coco is part of the HWS Club Ski Team, where she was newly appointed as captain! Get to know more about our campus cutie by reading about her interests!

Name: Coco Clemens

Year: 2018

Major: Media & Society and Environmental Studies

Hometown: Scranton, PA-Where The Office is filmed

Activities: Ski Team Captain, Her Campus

Relationship Status: Single

Celebrity Crush: Danny McBride (No joke)

Favorite…

Place to Party: Name a frat and I’m already there.

Place on Campus: Haleigh’s room, which is also my room.

Place in Geneva: The Beef and Brew.

TV Show: Nashville and The Bachelor (I hope to be on it one day).  

Animal: PANDAS, duh.

Movie: This is the End starring my celebrity crush, DANNY!

Artist: Chance The Rapper.

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

CC: I feel honored to be nominated as Campus Cutie. I am not sure who nominated me, but I have a feeling it was Haleigh Quigg, which just proves to show she is my best friend.  

HC: How do you feel about being elected to be the 2017/2018 Ski Team Captain?

CC: I am very excited about being the newly elected Ski Team Captain along with Natalie Bishop ’18 and Chuck Anderson ’18. We had a tough past year with winter not owning up to what it should be, but we are hoping to exceed expectations next season and make it to USCSA Nationals, located next year in Lake Placid, New York. Hopefully some fans can make it down to watch!

HC: What do you look for in a man?

CC: They have to be able to keep up. I am always on the move, especially during the winter season, so they have to get along with my crazy schedule and love of socializing on the weekends.

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date in Geneva, New York?

CC: Going to the docks with my girlfriend, Haleigh Quigg, and the guy I’m actually going on a date with. There we would all sit in a circle and then Haleigh and I would proceed to tell each other how much we love one another while the guy takes cute artsy pictures of us for my Instagram because you know I’m Insta famous. After our dock date, the three of us will head down to the famous Mexican restaurant, Molcajetes, where he has to buy the BOTH of us dinner and drinks.

HC: If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be?

CC: I wanna go to Las Vegas by myself. Not for the fun, but just to eat at the largest buffet in the world. Then once I finish my meal, head back to Geneva, NY – truly one of my favorite places to be!

HC: Do you have a motto you live by?

CC: YOLO. Drake is a big inspiration to myself.

HC: If you were to be stuck on an island what is one thing that you would bring?

CC: My phone that I lost Friday night going down to one of my favorite places in Geneva, Beef and Brew. Along with my phone, I also have misplaced my OneCard and ID. Getting anxiety without it, but actually.

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

CC: For the girl who wasn’t afraid to try new things and go out of her comfort zone. As well as as Haleigh Quigg’s sidekick.

Haleigh is a sophomore at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS), where she is pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Media and Society with a minor in Writing and Rhetoric. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, Haleigh is an avid skier, competing at nationals in Oregon and helping the Hobart and William Smith ski team to a spot in the top ten across the entire nation. She is also an active member of the William Smith Club Soccer Team as well as the Women’s Collective Club. Haleigh is obsessed with the TV show "30 Rock" and wants to be just like Tina Fey. Hence, she aspires to eventually be a comedy sketch writer for shows such as Saturday Night Live.
Julia Sipos is a senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) double majoring in International Relations and Spanish & Hispanic Studies with a minor in the Writing Colleague Program. While Julia is a contributor to Her Campus at the Colleges, she is also a Writing Fellow and the president and founder of the HWS Figure Skating Club, which hosts seven events throughout the semester open to any students on campus who want to learn how to skate!