This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

The 90’s were infamous for the fun and bold statement fashion trends. Here are 10 trends made big in the 90’s that are coming back in new ways today!

1. Crimped Hair

Thank you Conair for blessing us all with the crimper and an even greater thanks to Lizzie McGuire for showing us how to work this look!

Tip: Dig through your bathroom and find that old crimper. Add subtle crimps to your ponytail to add a textured look that allows the shine in your hair to be captured.

2. Jellie Shoes

These were on the feet of every girl in the 90’s and they still should be. Sparkly, transparant, and very unique looking. Jellie shoes today are fun and come with lots of childhood memories. All rubber, they can be worn form the Quad straight to the docks!

Tip: These look great with a sundress but make sure your toes are painted!

3. Scrunchies

We all secretly wear them anyways, so why not dress them up? This fun hair accesory doesnt leave creases in your hair and they come in thousands of patterns and colors! 

Tip: Dont feel like showering? Pull your hair back into a slicked high pony. The scrunchie will add a pop of fun color and extension to your ponytail.

4. Flared Jeans

Not only do these look good in any color of denim, but flare jeans sure do know how to flatter and extend the look of your legs.

Tip: Wear heels to make your legs look more than a mile long!

5. Choker Necklaces

Edgy and fashionable, the classic tattoo choker today immediatly says “trendy.” These bad boys come in all kinds of colors and make you both look and feel like a cool kid.

Tip: Wear this with several different necklaces of all lengths to add a fun layering.

6. Platform Sneakers

Who would have thought platform sneakers would become even better looking than they were in middle school?

Tip: Wear these with jeans cuffed up at the bottom. (Be careful and don’t roll an ankle!)

7. Halter Tops

Fashionable then, even more fashionable today! Not only are halters comfortable but they do a good job of flattering the body. Great for the summer but wear one in any season with a flannel or sweater thrown over it.

Tip: Match a solid colored halter with the same colored high waisted skirt. When worn together it looks like a set piece. A subtle mid-drift can add to the look too!

8. Adidas Sneakers

An active shoe for on-the-go, this shoe is also now seen as a high-fashion stylish sneaker (seen on Nina Agdal, Rihanna, and Kendall Jenner.)!

Tip: Match these with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and simple white T-shirt. A casual look that can be worn to class, or traveling during any season.

9. Jean Skirts

These were definitely missed! Like the edgy ripped jean look being a hot trend right now, denim skirts are also in. Matched with booties (elongating those legs) and a cute jacket or blazer, you can rock this during the day and through the night.

Tip: Go to the Salvation Army and scout out any denim skirts. Cut, rip, and wash it — and you have the perfect skirt!

10. Butterfly Clips

Tip: Keep these in the 90’s…